what else is out there for me to do???

I'm getting pretty depressed, my DH started working this week, he has been on and off since Dec of last year, and now he finally got a steady job. The thing is that we have a 4 month old baby girl, and a 5 yr old boy. Everytime I tell him how tire I am he tells me that "MY" job is not as "HARD & DIFFICULT" as his. By the way I take care of my little nephew dudring the day, while my older boy is at Kinder, the baby is 3 months old. I just came back from the doctor, becuase my son had an accident at school, and took him to get some x-rays. As soon as I walk through the door, I lay down on the carpet to strech myself, since I've been getting up at 5am, and going to bed until 11 or later at night, I also breastfeed my new baby. I'm the one that cleans, cooks, take care of the children, go get the groceries, take the kids to their appts. Take my son to school, and also I consider myself working, since I'm getting paid for my nephe

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• getting paid for my nephew. And he went ahead with his stupid comment: "OMG, like if you were sooooooooo tired, from working aaaaaaaaaall day!!!" I couldn't believe what I was hearing..... And before this he's been saying comments similar to this one. I'm so tired of hearing this over and over, what should I do??? I'M SO DESPERATE. Can't even think about sex, and he also gets upset, when I don't feel like it, but I don't feel anything when all hi does all day is being a complete a@#H%#&!! PLEASE HELP!!
    Anonymous

• Unless men themselves are a SAHP, they do not understand how much actually goes into being a SAHM. They don't realize that we are 24/7 with the kids, the housework, the errands, and rarely get time to ourselves. We understand that their jobs are hard and tiring to, but they get to clock out for breaks, lunch, and to come home. We don't. We get interrupted using the bathroom, eating meals, taking a shower, doing chores, taking care of each of the kids. We don't get to sit down and say "Okay, work is on hold for fifteen minutes". When the men get home they're tired, sore, and ready for a beer and the TV to relax and tune out. If you're lucky you get a man who takes over when they get home. But .. if you're like my DH you have to fight tooth and nail to get them to even acknowledge your exhaustion. Let alone actually help out. He's better now, but boy did we go 'round and 'round. All the best, it's a fight!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I'm here if you ever want to chat & I'll be praying for you...
    Christian-Mom79

Answer by Christian-Mom79 at 11:22 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• Thank you.... I don't know where to turn, I feel that I'm just falling deeper and deeper...
    Anonymous

• I'm not trying to be mean, so please don't take this the wrong way, but personally I don't think you should complain either. Then again, I am a mother who has never had the option to be a SAHM. So I have to work outside of the home 40 hrs a week AND STILL do the laundry, cooking, cleaning, taking care of the kids, taking them to school and back, going to appts, going to dance, going to soccer, etc. I can only WISH to ever be as lucky as you. Funny thing is though, SAHM's never really appreciate the freedom they have. Maybe just look at it from a different perspective?
    Anonymous

• Stop doing all the housework for a week. Make him do his own laundry & cook his own food. You're not the only adult in that household- tell him to act like it!

Like I told my husband: I am a stay at home MOM, not a stay at home MAID!
    Anonymous

• SAHM's never really appreciate the freedom they have. - 10:33 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 by: Anonymous

Wow, judgmental much? Especially considering you have never even been a SAHM...
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 11:56 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• I think of all the women in history that have had to take care of housework and a dozen kids, bake bread every morning before the sun came up, stoke the fire, pump water outside in the cold and then I hear oh woe is me from whining young moms. It's just too sad what moms think nowadays. You have room & board and heat and water, indoor plumbing and you get paid. What more do you want?
    Anonymous

• I've been a SAHM and a working mom. I have to agree with anon 11:33 on the working moms have to do all of that stuff PLUS work, so being a SAHM is easier in that way. And depending on the job, his might be harder than yours. Sorry but I've worked jobs that were physical since I've had kids, and they are a lot harder than watching kids, doing housework, and running errands.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 12:09 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i have a joke for (i know may not seem like the approiate time for a joke but you'll understand when im done lol)
    husband has been at work all day long he comes home expecting to find a clean house, dinner ready and kids bathed as usual, he pulls in the driveway and sees the front door wide open the door to his wife's car is open the kids are covered in dirt playing in the car, he slowly gets out of the car looking around in shock, he walks in the open door and finds the house in total disaray clothes all over the floor toys everywhere what appears to be mud pies on on the living room floor, the kitchen the sink is overflowing with dishes theres cereal on the floor the back door is open and a pile of sand by the door, he heads up stairs finds water coming out of the bathroom door, he slowly opens the door, sees toothpaste everywhere the sink on toilet paper clogging the toilet, at this point panic hits him, (contin)
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 12:52 AM on Dec. 18, 2009