Pregnancy test question

So for the last couple of weeks I had been having pregnancy like symptoms. I figured I was just having sympathy pains for my friend that just found out not that long ago she is preggo. So I chalked it up but continued to have the symptoms. Now I am on BC the patch and just took it off Monday. B/c I know people can get preggo on bc I took a preggo test this morning when I woke up and when I wiped there was bld so I was like that was a complete waste. I hid the test b/c i didn't want dh making fun of me b/c after I had ds I was pariniod and would take preg test only to get my period right after and he always laughed at me. In any case I went to the bathroom tonight and grabbed the test from its hiding spot and well its postive. I am having my period. I have never had a pregnancy test change. Every neg test stayed a neg. Has anyone ever had that happen to them. And has anyone been preg and still had their period & was it normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i know that it its possible to bleed while pregnant. was it a full blown period?

could have changed but i have no experience with that...so i have no clue.

i guess the answer would be to take another test and see what it says?
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• How long did you wait before looking at the test again? The directions clearly state that after 10 min. any answer you see in not valid. A negative test can appear positive after a certain amount of time (over 10 min.) when you are in fact not pregnant. I would take a new test first thing when you get up & read it within the 10 min. time frame.
    Anonymous

• what do you mean have a pregnancy test change? if it was after the time on the box had expired, i wouldnt count on it. i would take another in the morning just to confirm.

i know lots of people have bleeding similar to a period whie pregnant. good luck!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:25 PM on Dec. 17, 2009

• yea its a full blown period and I didn't look at it again after I used the bathroom in the morning b/c I saw bld and was like well there's my answer. When I grabbed the test and saw the two lines I re-read the directions I saw it said the results are not vaild after 10mins so i like ok then and then dh just had to say well you know my grandmother had her period for the first 6 months she was pregnant with my dad. He really wants another one. I plan a taking another one in the next couple of days and will most def follow the directions that time. I felf real dumb this morning and feel even dumber now lol.
    Anonymous

• its possible to bleed while pregnant but you dont have a real menstrual period. if you did your entire uterus lining would shed and the baby would have nothing to keep it alive.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• It's probably just an evaporation line from the test drying.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2009