Do you think this means anything?

first let me just say that I want so badly for this to mean something. so I have been IMing with my ex boyfriend, we haven't been in touch for about 3 or 4 months, so we've said hey a couple of time and he even talked about come down here to see me, we live about 4 hrs apart and tonight he said "goodnight sweetie" so does that sound like he's interested in me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Dec. 17, 2009 in Relationships

• i dont think it necessarily means anything, but you should tell him how you feel. i dont know if you have or not. but if you havent, tell him, it cant hurt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• op here, I pretty much told him how I felt about him before he deployed and he didn't return the favor, so to say. I think he's my one that got away, and I should let it go and be happy with just friends..... thanks for answering!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• imo an ex is an ex for a reason, im not saying that you can never make things work out sometimes it just is you both having some growing up to do, to me taking an ex back is like going to the fridge taking a sip of 3 month old milk saying wow thats nasty and putting it back to try again tomorrow. Just remember if the problem was growing up needed to happen that doesnt happen in 3 to 4 months good luck
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 12:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• op here, crap, he just IMed me saying hey sexy.... now what!?!@?!?!?!?!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Either he's interested or he's playing with you. That's a hard place to be in if you really like someone. And signals can get confused if they're not in person. If he's really interested, it won't hurt at all for you to be reserved and let him pursue a little to convince you both. If he isn't interested, it's in your best interest for your sanity and feelings to be reserved. I think you can't lose with being a bit reserved at this point. He already knows how you feel. Now hold onto your dignity.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:43 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• How about you ask him, seeing as you want to know how he feels.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:00 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• ASK him. Don't be coy. But remember WHY he is an ex, too. He's probably interested because there's nothing else in his bed.

He's gotta do beter than IM compliments. LOADS better.

And even if he does...no sex for QUITE a while.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• not sure, but if it were me, I'd think it meant something, him calling you sweetie...?? That'd give me something to go with. Just take it slow, but there may just be hope there....
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 9:12 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• ok, i's me the OP, I just get embarassed and feel like I'm being immature.... so I kinda got out him that it's not romantic, just friendly cuz he said just kidding about something and I go, "I think I know you well enough to know you're kidding" and he said "I know what you think of me" and I go "WHAT??? just cuz you're not in love with me I should hate you? I'm a big girl, I can handle it" and he just said "I'm glad we can talk" and I'm gonna be satisfied with that..... I have moved on, I have a nice boyfriend so....... I'm ok with it. And, I think we broke up cuz I live in Houston and he lives in Dallas(4 hr drive) and he was deploying like 6 months after we reunited, we met like 10 yrs ago and got back in touch thru myspace! gotta love the myspace!
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 10:53 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• come on! Ask a man what it means???!! It means he wants to keep his options open to have sex with you.. women need to quit reading into everything a man says. They don't put thought behind their words the way we do!
    Anonymous