What to buy a diabetic?

I'm having a hard time finding a gift for my dad. He's diabetic, has poor eye sight, and doesn't care for complicated electronics. Any ideas? I'm looking for something that will make his day-to-day activities easier.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Holidays

• A clock that tells the time on the hours - and will tell the time when you push a button
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• An extra large wall calendar that has big squares for each day & black/white contrast.....easy for him to see & write things in large letters
    A talking watch
    If he was into reading, you can get him audio books
    Magnifying glass with a light so he can read his glucometer easier
    Rubber buttons to put on the microwave or oven so he can tell where certain buttons/settings are

These are just a few ideas. My mom is also diabetic and is legally blind. These are some things that she uses. She also has an insulin pen that clicks once for each unit of insulin so she can measure her insulin by listening to the clicks. For Christmas, I'm giving her a warm lap blanket and those magnetic jewelry clasps for her necklaces...she'll just have to get the ends within magnetic distance and they'll clasp without her having to do a lot of manipulating.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Thanks michiganmom116! I'm going to order a large calendar with photos of the grandkids. Great idea! He'll love it! And the rubber buttons - awesome!

Anonymous