Can you get cavities in your dentures if you use too much artificial sweetener?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't have dentures, but I don't think you could get cavities in them because they are not living, they do not rot, they may stain but you can probably have those removed.
    Alicia10-2-08

Answer by Alicia10-2-08 at 1:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• In fake teeth??? No. I wear dentures (have for 3 years because cancer caused me to lose my real teeth) and if your dentures look like they have cavities it's because you aren't cleaning them correctly. I soak mine 3 times a week in the soak for smokers even though I don't smoke because it's heavy duty on removing caffeine stains and I drink tea. The other 4 times a week I use the 3 min. soak and after every meal I use the toothpaste designed specifically FOR dentures w/a baby toothbrush. My dentures are bright and white.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• wait wait wait.. lol Mitch Hedberg?
    Nerdymama

Answer by Nerdymama at 1:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• No but you might if your not cleaning well have to worry about gun disease.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• If you wear dentures, make sure that aside from keeping them clean (daily soaking) that you also rinse with salt water, brush your gums with toothpaste and use mouthwash. It prevents sores and keeps your gums healthy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• ROFL!
    Pretty funny, and then I saw "Anonymous" at 10:38 and "gun disease"....

Oh man I gotta go to bed!
    NICNLV

Answer by NICNLV at 3:19 AM on Dec. 18, 2009