is it wrong for me to leave my daughters poopy diaper on her for 10 or 15 mins tom ake sure shes done?seems like if i change her right then..

i end up changing her 5 mins later because she wasnt all the way done the first time

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i dont see aproblem with it as long as shes not getting a rash trust your mommy instincts they usually work pretty well lol (well until they can talk back and your mommy instinct tells you to pull a homer simpson and choke them lol)
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 5:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• As long as you change her as soon as you know she is done and she isn't getting rashes I don't see the problem.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 1:30 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• If she gets a rash from it, you'll know your answer.

Or if there's any leakage.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:31 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I wait until she stops looking "focused" or "concentrated" to make sure she is done, LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I second the "no rash = no problem" answer. what would make any difference anyway?
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 1:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I do that too...I use to change my son as soon as he was done...and then 5 mintues alter that diaper would be "poopy" too....so I leave it on him for atleast 5 mintues after he is done ..he almsot always stops for a few mintues then does some more lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:03 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• As long as you change her, lol. Seems like everytime we go to visit my cousin, her son has a diaper thats so full the gel stuff is coming out. its awful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• No rash = no problem. I use to change my daughter at first poop, and then woke up realizing I would go broke changing her diaper every five minutes. Don't let it leak, but let that sucker fill up. My doctor at that time also told me NOT to change the diaper until she was done because changing every time like that could also cause a rash. The wet wipes have stuff in them that used too much might cause irritation.

Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 5:47 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would want to sit in my poo that long. It's better to open the diaper and leave it under her and wait. Bonus is that it won't creep up the back or down legs.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:43 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I do that, too. My daughter also likes to poop while she's eating and continues to poop throughout the feeding, so I just keep feeding her until she's done and then I'll change her. Gross, I know. We use cloth so leaking hasn't been an issue for us, except on the few times we've used disposables.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 18, 2009