My inlaws suck! Need to vent.

So like I was raised catholic, tho I'm not hard core religeous, I love Jesus. When I got prego, it was 4 months before I had insurance so I couldn't go get good care. Through those months I constantly prayed and asked our Lord and the Holy mother to please watch over my baby (silly I know) and thankfully my daughter was born healthy and happy. Ever since then I've wanted to go to church and give thanks (tho I'll admit I don't get to go as often as I would like to) Anyways long story short, on Christmas Eve my inlaws are having a get together and they basically are making it seem like they'd rather I spend time with them than at church. I plan to go to the inlaws, but they're making a stink cuz we're going to be late. (this is the only time that my hubby, daughter and I can go.) Am I being unreasonable for wanting to take 2 hours to go to church?

GreenLadie

Asked by GreenLadie at 1:53 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NO> YOU do not want to give them control over this. You do what is RIGHT.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• No your not be unreasonable, if you really want to go to church then you should go.
    I personally iam not religious in any kind of way, but I respect people's beliefs.
    Imo it would be respectful of your inlaws to respect your wishes of wanting to go to church
    Red_Mama0723

Answer by Red_Mama0723 at 2:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I don't think your being unreasonible but God doesn't need you to give Him glory at church, you can give Him glory in all you do all the time. The death of Jesus Christ our Lord & Savior made it so that we didn't need to go to high priests, to prophets, etc... to speak to our God we can go straight to Him from anywhere even if the only place we have in our in laws' kitchen. What better way for you to give Him glory then to sit at their house & boldly announce. "I know it's not thanks giving, but I wanted to take a minute to thank our Lord Jesus' Christ who's birthday we commemorate tonight, for keeping our daughter & I safe through out my pregnancy. Thank you Lord & happy birthday." Lets face it while there are many devout ppl. at church on Christmas there are lots of hypocrates there too who don't bother going other then on Christmas, Easter & Palm Sunday. Honor God in all you do & find a bible believing church where you can
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 2:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• con't...

go & learn every week. That will give Him more glory.

My husband & I go to church every Sunday, every Wed for bible study when ever there are special groups (like I have a moms grou on (Thursdays). I'm not against church at all. But I think it's more important to know He's in us & not in a house. After all the bible says that we are the temple in other word when a few of us are together in His name we are in Church, church is not the building but the body. We're the body.

Don't get hung up on rules that don't excist in the bible just worry about having a personal relationship with Him & that is done from anywhere by praying to God in Jesus name (as the bible tells us to) & by reading His word because His word washes us & renews us, although His Blood is whats washes us from sin.

God Bless you & yours
    Happ-eToBme

Answer by Happ-eToBme at 2:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• No your not unreasonable but if they are upset about that then they are
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• They shouldn't be like that with you, they should understand. Thats why I don't go to my inlaws at all, the last time I went was almost 3 years ago. Because they alwasy want it there way and I hate that. So I rather be far from drama.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 3:54 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• You are not being unreasonable. You do need to nip this in the bud though and don't let your inlaws control anything you do. They invited you and you can decline or go when you are available, regardless of if you're late because you're going to church or whatever.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:07 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I dont think you are being unreasonable however they maybe upset because as you said you dont go to church as often as you would like, well if they dont realize you wish you could go more and they just feel you are going because its christmas eve they may feel like you arent completely committed to your religion so what would be the harm in skipping it, i am not personally sayng you arent committed just because you dont go all the time, religion (regurdles of which one you choose) is about having a relationship with God (or depending on the religion, who ever it is that the religion looks to), you can have that relationship without ever stepping foot in a church but that may be their side of it i would sit down with them face to face and talk about it to them
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 8:43 AM on Dec. 18, 2009