How do you say no to a "ladies" night when it's not your thing???

I keep being asked to go out on a "girls' night out", "moms' night", etc... While I'm not against those things, I'm not a huge fan of them. If I'm going to have a night out I'd much rather it be with my husband not a bunch of women...lol. Although once or twice I have gone out with a few ladies from my mom's group from church & that was great because it was for about 3hr.s & we talked about how we came to the Lord etc...

But I get lots of offers from girls I went to school with, girls I remained friendly with who want to go out drinking, clubbing, or even just out to eat but even if they do they drink. I know this because we're "friends" on FB & I see their pic.s & I'm just not interested in that sort of a thing.

I don't want to come off like I'm better or that I think they are beneath me but it's really not my thing, esp. going out with out my kids or my husband. I just don't like it. So how can I say no, nicely?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would just tell them that although you really appreciate the offer that it really just isn't your thing, and thank them for the offer and you are glad they thought of you/

lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 2:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Just say, I'm sorry, I can't. If they press you for a reason, you say you have a lot going on right now and don't have a lot of free time right now.

Don't get into how or why it's not your thing. Just leave it at a simple "Sorry, I have other plans." They'll get the point and stop asking.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:47 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I hear ya I'm not a "girls night out" type of person, it's just not my thing either, everytime girls asked me to go out drinking with them I just said " sorry I made plans to do things with the family" and when you say no enough eventually they stop asking, lol
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:49 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• At one place I worked the single gals invited me to go out with them to a club to see some Chippendale type male dancers....I told them "Thanks but I see no reason to pay to see what I can see for free in my bedroom". They laughed and that was the end of it.
    meriana

Answer by meriana at 3:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would just turn down their invitation to go out and then maybe invite them and their husbands over to your house for a dinner party on another night.
    EmilyandIsaac

Answer by EmilyandIsaac at 6:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Just say NO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:36 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I agree with "It's just not my thing" which has worked for me in the past. Only one person ever got offended by that, but it's turns out she's got a screw loose upstairs anyway. Turn them down a few times and they should stop asking eventually.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I'd just keep telling them your busy, or can't make it....eventually they'll stop asking you.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 8:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Be honest and tell them it's just not your thing.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• maybe you need new friends?.. i agree with you tho, im not into 'going out with the girls' either but thats because they only want to go out drinking or to clubs an stuff like that .. iv never been THAT type, and even when i did go out i felt like i was the one in the corner watching everyone else, when i had my kids i stopped going out completely and just stayed home with my family, sadly i lost many friends. I miss my friends a lot but i love my family more.. i wish i had better friends, i wish i had friends that wouldnt mind just comming to my house for lunch or comming over to watch a movie with us.. somethng simple that doesnt envolve drinking!!!.. i dont like going out without my husband and i am very uncomfortable around people i dont know... but i know its hard to make new friends that feel the same way.. sorry im not much help, but i do know what its like to have them ask you and you just want to stay home!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2009