How do i get rid of this pink eye? HELP

Oh my goodness, my niece brought home pink eye from school, she only had it two days then it cleared up, well my daughter got it (shes almost 2) and now i have it. me and my daughter are both on the antibiotic eyedrops and it does seem to be helping my daughter but isnt really doing anything for me. I'm not sure if any of you have ever had pink eye but it is soooo annoying, my eyes feeling itchy and irritated all the time and my eyes are watering constantly... im going NUTS, iv cleaned and disinfected everything so idk what im doing wrong. HELP

clarasmommy08

Asked by clarasmommy08 at 2:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Health

• I'm so sorry you're dealing with this! I've had it and understand how you feel. For me, it was helpful to put a wet warm compress on my eye(s) every once in a while and above all DON'T TOUCH YOUR EYES!!! Make sure your hands are clean all the time, and for the crusting that may be happening, use a little vaseline to help wipe it off your eyelids. I know it itches but don't rub, or scratch the eye area! This is how it's spread to the opposite eye. Also, don't allow your daughter or yourself around other people, at least until it's cleared up. Good luck,Momma!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 4:03 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• In addition to what Robmommy said, if you blow your nose, wash your hand immediately.

You can get a homeopathic remedy for pink eye made by Similisan at Target.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• If you use any eye makeup you need to throw it out and buy new. Dont wear any until it is cleared up completely. Regular over the counter eye drops can help too in between your prescription.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 8:31 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Similasan pink eye drops did wonders for me

fretzle_girl

Answer by fretzle_girl at 10:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Also, if you wear contacts don't wear them until after the infection is cleared up and then you'll want to put a new set it.

I hope it clears up quickly for you.

Cafe Jenn
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 1:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2009