Do you think its right for a black father to refer to his son as "my lil nigga"

Ok first off, let me say that I am in no way racist what so ever. I have a two friends from high school that had a baby. the mom is white the dad is black (not that that matters). But in all of his pics of the baby on facebook he refers to him as "my lil nigga"

That seems so wrong to me. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well personally I think its a derogatory term no matter how its used, and IMO pretty ghetto too.

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I think he's using it affectionately. Just like when one grown black guy says it to one of his friends.

The only problem i have with this is that it's okay for AA to do it but not white people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• *OP HERE*

Anon :12, I was thinking that to. I mean if I was to see this little boy and call him that, it wouldn't be acceptable, which is why I don't feel its right to refer to the kid that way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• No its not alright, it is a derogatory term.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• to each their own meaning.

_mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 3:18 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I think why is the dad celling his son that if hes one too! now it it was another race calling his black child that then it would be kinda different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I meant why is he CALLING his son that if hes one too!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i dont allow the word in my household because its disgusting
    he doesnt mean it in a bad way, if that makes any difference
    like when some guys say to one another "whats up my nigga"
    my nigga basically means my "people"

either way i still dont like it but for your understanding its not meant in any harm to his son and other ppl probably get that
    only thing i can really say is if you dont like it then dont look because its a cultural thing, even though its ridiculous to me.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:02 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i think it is wrong that when white people say something like that they take it as racisim. But if they say it, it's perfectly fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• __OP HERE__

Domonique~ I understand that hes not calling his son that in a derogatory maner, but the fact is, that word is a very derogatory work, reguardless of who is using it. I personally found it disgusting, and didn't even mean to look at it, I was looking at pics of the baby when I saw it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:18 AM on Dec. 18, 2009