my best friend seems like she's showing off in front of my new bf??

i have a new boyfriend. and my best friend met him a couple times. but it seems like everytime we all hang out it's like she's trying to impress him, or show off or something. i mean honestly im more attracted to my boyfriends personality than anything, and he's not exactly the hottest guy in the world. but i was thinking maybe my best friend is kind of trying to compete with me? thinking that if i can get a guy like my boyfriend than so can she? idk.. but its kind of annoying. what do you think is going on??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I think that you should say something to your BFF and see what she has to say about this, You may just be over protective of him and think that she is trying to impress him and she is just being herself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Maybe she is just trying to get him to like her?
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 3:28 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• How does she seem like she's showing off? Is she flirty? Or just kind of more outgoing around him than she usually is with you? Some people, when they're around people they don't know too well, tend to be more extroverted because they don't know quite how to act around the new person. Some people get shy, and others, well, become even more outgoing.
    TattooedMommy04

Answer by TattooedMommy04 at 4:18 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Don't worry about it. Let her flirt all she wants to flirt. He is single and he can make up his own mind. You have a wonderful opportunity to find out if it's you he wants or if it's someone else. Let her flirt and let him decide. A guy who loves you will withstand the flirting of the most gorgeous woman on earth and still remain faithful to you. If he can be tempted away now, then let her have him. If you are going to have to stand guard to keep him, who wants him? And don't be trying to do anything else to keep him either. Just be yourself and see if he cares enough for who you are to choose you over her or anyone else. That's the stuff marriages that last a lifetime are made of. The husband chooses the wife. It's an old custom but it's a very good one. Don't ever fight for a man who may not want you and only you. If he can be lured away by someone else, he's not worth your having to begin with.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I've seen women do this before too. It all boils down to jealousy & competition. She wants to think that she deserves what you have. If he gives her the attention she wants, then ito her it means she's "winning". I would tell her to stop acting like a fool around your boyfriend or you won't hang out with her when you're with him. OR, you can say "why do you act different/weird in front of my boyfriend, i don't like it"

If you don't say anything, then she will keep doing it. So, either get your point across & she'll stop, or allow her to keep acting this way. If she flirts with him enough, he may think she wants him & he may start to like her.

My mom always said "never let your right hand know what your left hand is doing"

Meaning, don't mix your girlfriends w/ your boyfriend until you have a ring on your finger. It's just risky & i know from experience. (my ex best friend is now with my ex...hmmmm)
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:21 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Three things that women don't share... panties..toothbrush and men.

fretzle_girl

Answer by fretzle_girl at 10:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• It still amazes me how competitive some women can be and the lengths they will go to just to prove they are more desirable. Don't put up with it. Glad I don't have friends like that! And I love that quote about three things women don't share! Now that's the truth!!!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2009