Do you want more kids?

How many do you have now? How old are they? How old are you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am 25 and I have an almost 5 year old little boy. (I was a single mom before I met my husband.) We go back and forth all the time about whether we want another child and/or when would be a good time to start trying. We love the time we get to spend with our son and we aren't sure if we are ready to share that time with another child yet. We also want to make sure that we are doing well financially before we start trying for a second child. We believe "good things come to those who wait". Sometimes I would like to wait until our son is in middle school to start trying for a second but I'm nervous I won't want to once we get to that point so now we are actually considering trying for a second child next year. We will figure it out one way or another. :)
    vnw1405

Answer by vnw1405 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Lets see I have 5, 2 boys and 3 girls they range from 15 months to 17 years.No it's not easy, but I wouldn';t change a thing.I am 37 and so is my s.o. He works out of the house and I'm able to be a stay home mom.Somtimes I miss working outside the home, but not often enuff.My kids keep me on my tose, they are very demanding but we have rules that they must follow in order to have consistant behavior running regularlly.There are plenty of times I've wanted to go shopping because I wanted to go buy something for me and just couldn't because one of the kids needed something more.That happens MOST of the time.You do or at least I have gotten used to it.The love inside the family and our god carries us threw hard times.We are a big ol' team and we do the best we can.No one is perfect so our motto, " is progress not perfection!"
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 7:57 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Oops I forgot to say ,NO we don't want more kids we are all set.
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 7:58 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• No no more kids for me! I am 45, I have 4 kids ages: 27, 25, 19, &14. I have 5 grandkids ages: 10, 6-1/2, 4-1/2, 22 months, & 16 months.....I will have more grandkids I'm sure!!
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 8:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I am 33 and I have one son who is three. I would like one more child but I also am not sure that is going to happen. My son is asking about a baby brother. It is so hard at his age to explain why parents may only have one child. It is not for a three year old to know about finances and work time off and all the other things that come with being a parent. I would love the opportunity to be a parent to two children but we will see. My husband and I adopted our son and we would have to adopt again if we wanted to expand our family. So there is also that expense, wait, and roller coaster ride. We have decided to wait until my son is about five and then start the foster/adopt program of a much older child.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:32 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I'm 36 and pregnant with my 5th. My kids are 12, almost 10, 8, and 13 months. I'm due in July and this will be it for us.

Answer by missanc at 8:43 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I'm 27, have a 7 year old & DH & i decided not to have anymore. One is enough for us :)
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• NO! I am DONE! My kids are 3 years old and almost 1 year old. I'm 22. And I am fixed.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:52 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Oh WAY jose!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 2 kids that are 16 and 10 and our family is perfect just the way it is
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:53 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i have one she is 2 and im 37 and no i do not want anymore
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 18, 2009