What does everyone think about Head Start?Advice needed!!!

Our son has been going to head start since august.Well since it's turned off cold he has been staying sick all the time.Congested,runny nose,coughing,throwing up flame.He has missed a lot of school and they told us that if he miss's anymore they will drop him.Should I just go ahead and take him and not send him anymore?Plus like I had posted in my other post he has started hitting and didn't till he started school.Thanks in advance.

angel1437

Asked by angel1437 at 5:03 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have been going through the same thing! My daughter is always sick and making the rest of us sick. She has missed about three weeks of school since she started in August. She also started hitting and telling me she hates me and she didn't start all of this until she started Head Start. My bf and I have been thinking about pulling her out. I understand it good for her to go to the program but not if she is always going to be sick and misbehave while at home. I wish you luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Pull him out. You can teach him things at home. It's not good for his or your family's health and it sounds like he's learning negative habits there. It's just not worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• that is normal to get sick when you start them in prek and if they dont get sick now. they will get it in K and better to miss prek than k. i would ask for a meeting with teh director, bring you mom or any support you have, they will be nicer with a bigger audience. just explain that he really is sick when you call him off and really does need prek. that you arent just letting him skip school, that it is normal for him to be getting sick and bring up how he has started hitting since entering the school and ask to see his teachers behavior plan. ask them if they have a lot of hitting in the school. paint them into the corner. i dont think they can really kick a kid out for Excused absences from illness. good luck!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:58 AM on Dec. 18, 2009