My 5-month old son is suffering from GERD. He spits up all the time and often refuses to eat. When he does eat, he only takes about 2.5 - 3 ounces (should be taking 5 per feeding now). We took him to two different GI specialists and they were not very helpful. We also tried two different meds on him and no relief. Any suggestions?

lukica114

Asked by lukica114 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would try Juice Plus which comes in a capsule (which could be opened up into his food) also comes in a gummie, and chewable. I would suggest you open up the capsules into his formula. It's just fruits and vegetables with most the sugar, sodium and fiber removed. It's been around over 15 years and has clinical research on it. It helped my acid reflux go away and I hear of many others that say it helped their acid reflux. Dr. William Sears a top pediatrician recommends Juice Plus to his patients. I can send you info on it, just contact me at my email address at eileen4jp@prodigy.net if your interested. Eileen
    EileenMarie

Answer by EileenMarie at 11:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• yeah, my brother took juice plus when he had radiation because he was sick he didn't want to eat. it helped him a lot!
    momsamillion

Answer by momsamillion at 11:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Most babies outgrow this. Similac makes a formula it's something like Similac A.R it's thickened with starch so it's harder to spit up.
    newmommyy322

Answer by newmommyy322 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Maybe it's something more than GERD? When both mine were babies they had to use the Nutramigen because it was predigested. Does your baby have a lactose allergy? They checked both my kids for pyloric stinosis. (spell check) Neither had it so then we were put on the Nutramigen. It is SO expencive but if you are on WIC they will pay for it for so many cans per month. The problem with that is that since it is predigested it goes through them faster and they are hungrier more often in turn you use more than you normally would with regular formula. Last I heard it was 40.00 something per can. That was a while ago too. HOpe this helps.
    Hugs!
    Shele
    SHELEBELLE

Answer by SHELEBELLE at 12:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2008