I need some ideas for flooring for my basement. Can you tell me what kind you have?

My youngest son most likely has asthma. The doctor told us that we need to get rid of all carpet in our house to start. We have wood floors in our upstairs but we have carpet in our basement and the carpet is on top of concrete. Does anyone have wooden/manufactured floors installed on top of concrete and can you tell me what you exactly have? I need some ideas so I know where to start. Thanks ladies.

my4kids274

Asked by my4kids274 at 7:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• We have a cement foundation. Tile is good for that.

Answer by louise2 at 8:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My mom has vinyl tiles in the basement. That way IF the sub pump fails or the water heater breaks, it is an easy clean up.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• We installed laminate (looks like wood, just fake) over our cement floor. It works well! It's a great area for my son to play trucks, etc. The pieces just click together. First you need to put down a plastic barrier to prevent moisture. Then, you click the pieces together. My husband did it by himself. It looks great!
    ClaireW

Answer by ClaireW at 11:26 AM on Dec. 19, 2009