How Many Ultrasounds did you have done due to light bleeding?

I had some light bleeding at weeks 4 (weds), 5 (weds), & 7 (monday).

So far my Dr has ordered 2 U/S's . one was at week 5 and the most recent was at week 7. I am now 10 weeks and 1 day. No bleeding since the monday of week 7, however some blood was detected in my U/S taken week 7 on the following weds after the monday spotting. My Dr is scheduled to see me again at 11 weeks and mentioned doing another U/S to check on things. We got a heartbeat at our 7 week U/S and my Dr was VERY pleased with that. Said that it drastically upped our chances....I know he is going to do the doppler at my next visit. I have been getting some dull pains...like quick sharp pains but really not sure if its just from gas...or ligament stretch. Anyone else have the same issue?

DisneyBride13

Asked by DisneyBride13 at 8:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had probably about four before i just stopped going in for them, EVERY TIME i had sex i would bleed and get worried and go in for an u/s. everything was alright, so i figured if it's meant to be it'll work itself out. eventually it stopped at about 13 wks or so.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• sorry i never had light bleeding but i am wondering if looking at the ultrasound can give them an indication of anything they can do to prevent problems or if it is just to look and see? you might want to weight the pros and cons of repeated ultrasound exposure if they are just looking. :) i wish you the best and i think everything will be fine. many many women have light bleeding and some have heavy bleeding without issue. i have the quick sharp pains pretty often and i think it's just my muscles and ligaments adjusting to pregnancy. gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I was about 7 wks. along w/ my 4th pregnancy, and I started spotting. I went in and the doc. said there was no blood, so she ordered a ultrasound. Unfortunetly, my hubby's insurance doesn't kick in untl Jan. so I asked if I could wait until then, or if that would put the baby at risk, and she said that we could wait, but if I start cramping or spotting again, that we'll have to do it right away. I'm now a little over 8 wks, and luckily haven't had any probs. so far. But I have to call the docs. to see if I'm gonna have to reschedule the ultrasound for after Jan. or if I can just wait until about 4 mo. or so like I usually do. I hope everything works out for you and the baby!! And I wish you the best!!!
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 10:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• have you had previous miscarriages? I am just trying to figure out why so many US so early in your pregnancy.

If they used a vaginal US then it is very possibl to have bleeding from that alone. Sex can do that too.. any type if vaginal penetration can.

My fifth pregnancy ( a success after 3 miscarraiges) I only had 1 at 10 weeks. Before then they just checked my progesterone and HCG levels. I persoanlly opted not to get all of the ultrasounds so early on because it is a huge waste of money (insuarance or not) and all it did was cause me stress. I even stopped getting my blood levels checked after a few weeks because they looked good.

Sometimes we just have to rely on nature. 300 US's arent going to save a failing pregnancy, but it sure will coat your doctors wallet.

Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I had a full on period during my pregnancy as well (continued from above posts with 3 miscarriages). Lots of cramping, etc.. its just the body doing its thing. I mean, you are making a life here! Ask most women and they will tell you similar situations..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• this is my 3 rd preg i have bleed for the whole 1st trimeter on and off with all 3 with my first i had 7 utrasounds during the whole preg with my 2nd i had 9 and this one im 9 weeks and the seen a blood clot on my uterus and its getting smaller but in result to that its makeing me bleed almost like a period and its bright red sorry tmi so i have already had 3 utrasound and more then likely will have a couple more till the bleeding has stopped good luck
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2009