4 year old found drunk

Saw this on the news last night. How sad.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/6600395/four-year-old-drunk-street-beer

Thoughts?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 9:03 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Quite simply this is poor parenting. There is NO excuse for a drunk 4 year old. The mother should be punished.

April Wright said she was embarrassed and scared, But she added, "Kids do things like this and it's out of your control, you can only do the best you can as a mother, everyone makes mistakes. It was an honest mistake."

COMPLEAT BULLSHIT

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Dec. 20, 2009

• I got an email from the local news about this it is sad sees to me the boy just misses his daddy and is acting out
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• seems*
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:07 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I think it is very sad!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 9:08 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I think that this mother needs to get her little boy some help.... and if the child protective services want to help they should...
    It is sad that he is doing this at this age... without the help he needs, you don't know what he can be capable of doing when he
    got older...
    I do feel for the mother....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:14 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• This is the talk of our town since we live 30 minutes from where this happened at. The dad is in jail for public intoxication. It just goes to show you how much kids do pay attention to our words and actions.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:27 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• This is all very overwhelming for me, i really cant get my head around this. I'm not saying this kid was incapable of doing this , i just dont get it, this sounds like something a 15 yr old would do, why am i the only one seemed shocked over this behavior. Perhaps its the mother i'm having a hard time with. She seems so nonchalant about it, like this is what every 4 year old does.

EarthHippy

Answer by EarthHippy at 9:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I seen this on the news and the mom was just like 'well, his dad is in jail and he keeps trying to get in trouble to be with him.'

Wow! Does noone know to watch this child? Do they not know to keep alcohol out of a house with a troubled child? Do the neighbors not lock their doors? And lastly, what was the point in the brown dress he put on at a neighbors house?!?
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 9:50 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I can't believe anyone would feel for the mom. Poor kid to have such losers for parents he is drunk at 4. I would love to take him home and show him a real family and real love. Poor guy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• heard it on the radio. a sign of the times.very sad indeed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Dec. 18, 2009