How much do you charge a babysitter?

I am hopefully gettting a new job at a doctors office. Obviously it is during the day and I would need a baby sitter. I have never had to pay anyone to watch my son before because my DH and I work opposite shifts. My little sister is moving back home to go to a local college and offered to watch him while I work and she will take night classes. She said she didn't want me to pay her, but I am going to because she is being a huge help for me. I was thinking about $75.00 a week. Is that too much or too little? She would only have him 3-4 days a week from 9-3.

ericalyne

Asked by ericalyne at 9:41 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• sounds reasonable to me.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• well i wouldnt "charge a babysitter" anything lol (title of your question ha) but that sounds pretty reasonable to me, especially considering she didnt want anything.
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I pay $25/ day for a 7 yr old. Alot of it depends on where you live and it is family so that matters too. $75 for 3 or 4 days sounds ok to me.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:46 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I babysit in my home and I charge 100 per week for 5 days. I think $75 would be a great amount for her and even though she said she doesn't need it, we all know it'll help her out.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:50 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• sounds good to me i only get 75 for a 2 year old from 7-4 5 days a week
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My poor friend was getting $75/week for a NEWBORN 5 days a week, 8-10 hours a day! Her and I had the conversation several times that she needed to charge more. She is since not keeping him anymore due to some things that happened in her family.

So, that amount sounds great for that age and the amount of time!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2009