Why do you believe what you do?

Not looking to start an argument but I was pondering this ? the other night. History has always been so distorted over the years and many of the original gospels never made it to the new testament creating such a vast contrast of what the church initially was. Seeing this evolution so to speak, how do we truly know what was meant to be in the bible and what was biased at the time therefore is being neglected to be mentioned today? Basically how did you come to conclusion to quote certain passages from the the bible and not others? Why do you choose to believe certain gospels and not others?

FYI-I follow George Carlin's testaments.

magoogie

Asked by magoogie at 9:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• That my fellow cafemomer is why I don't have a believe in such things! cuz you just never know!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• George Carlin! LMAO Long live Joe Pesci!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 9:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i'm wiccan, i followi it because it felt natural.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Did nobody read the rest of the question? lol..it's obviously for Christians

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• For angev and cait, could you explain a little more about what the wiccan religion believes? I'm not too familiar with it. If I recall correctly there are several Christian holidays that are originally derived from Pagan holidays. Is the Pagan religion along the same lines as Wicca?
    magoogie

Answer by magoogie at 10:30 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Wicca is a modern Pagan religion Magoogie.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• WOW! what happen to my post????

Oh well I will try this again... I believe what I believe bc it feels right for me...
    I'm Wiccan
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:34 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Wicca is one of many different types of Pagan beliefs out there....
    If you like to read up on Paganism, plz PM me for a link ... or you can just put in
    "What is Paganism" in your search engine...
    It's hard sometimes to put all of Paganism into an answer bc if you were to ask 12 pagans the same question
    you surely will get 13 answers...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:36 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Thanks anon :33 for clarifying that for me. My son is giving me a history lesson these days and I'd like to be able to have the slightest idea of what the heck he's talking about..lol
    magoogie

Answer by magoogie at 10:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I believe what I believe because there is not enough information to answer my questions. I don't want blanket facts passed from generation to generation just because that's what THEY were told. I want proof. I want proof that the bible was real and not written by a group of drunk men sitting around a fire trying to screw with peoples minds.

I believe Horus was around long before Jesus and his homies. I think Jesus and his crew stole Horus's story for themselves and today that's what they follow.

I don't believe in heaven or hell.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 10:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2009