Anyone NOT having a Christmas tree this year?

This year the money is just not there for anything extra, so we are not doing a tree this year, I feel so guilty about it though. Anyone else skipping the tree this year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Holidays

• I haven't put up a tree in about 10 years
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:12 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Yes ma'am! I think I have a little 1 foot pink tree in storage but it's not up. We were so tight money wise I told my husband IF we buy a tree it will be after Chistmas when all the artificials are 75% off. It bummed me out for awhile. But I put up a string of $3.00 colorful lights in my daughters room and it brought a surprisingly good amount of holiday cheer. :) It also helps if you still do free and cheap Christmas crafts and events. make snowflakes out of white paper. Get silver, red and green glitter from your dollar store and glue and sprinkle these on the snowflakes. Put them up anywhere.
    Just take the focus off of what you don't have and you won't be bummed about the tree.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:19 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• christmas tree centerpiece I have one of these on the coffee table. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• thats why I have a fake tree
    Anonymous

• We have a two foot tree that my parents bought us last year, because we were soo broke. That's the only tree that is up. This year the hubbs kept making excuses and we never ended up getting a bigger one. My dad told me that they were thinking about getting us a bigger one this year. I want to kick my husband for not having done it when I suggested a month ago. Boo to him!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• we have a tree it's just not up. it is in the garage rafters where I can't get it down and since I am having a hard time getting into the jolly mood this year I haven't pushed my husband to hard to get it down for us. the kids and I have spent our time making goodie plates for our friends and looking for inexpensive presents for his best friends family we took on as a secret santa project his year so they CAN have a christmas. this late in the game it hardly seems worth the effort.
    knepppi

Answer by knepppi at 11:57 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Right now the Goodwill's and thrift shops I think have lots of fake one's that are price pretty cheap. Some even have 50% on all Christmas stuff.
    Anonymous

• If you have kids, you should put up a tree. You can get a real one from the grocery stores here for as little as $19. You really dont have $19? And most places like Micheals craft store have x-mas deco 60% off if you didnt save your lights from last year. If you did, and still dont want to get a tree. Take your lights and tape them to the wall in the shape of a tree and tape your christmas cards in the middle or something. Do something creative!
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 12:06 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• that's a really freat idea forevermom75! I would never think creatively like that! If i ever can't afford a tree, guess what i'm going to do! :)
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 12:13 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• forevermom75 - why should we put up a tree if we have kids? I don't understand that. I have not put a tree up in years. As a matter of fact - I haven't put up a tree since I started having kids. I don't get it. I have been called all kinds of names and called a bad parent because I don't do a tree. As a matter of fact I sold my 7 and 8 foot Christmas trees, that haven't been out of the box in I couldn't tell you when, at my yard sale a few months ago. I sold one for 10.00 and 1 for 15.00. I have more important things to do with my money and my kids than spend all the time it takes putting up a tree and then taking it down.

SO why should I HAVE to??? And yes I have plenty of money to buy one....... so why???
    Anonymous