What season would you prefer your baby be born?

If you wanted to have a choice, and could have a choice, what season would you prefer to have your baby? Why?

I like that I was pregnant during winter because I was ALWAYS warm, I could hang out in my sweats and hoodies, I wasn't overheating in the summer, and DS will be walking on his own by the time spring rolls around so he can play outside!

matobe

Asked by matobe at 10:03 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i would have the baby in May :) we dont have anybody in the family with a may birthday. it would be a good time to be pregnant from august until may.
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 10:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Spring/summer babies are the best :)
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 10:10 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I love that I had both my babies in the winter. I could go out in the below zero and it felt good for a change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I honestly can't choose. I would say summer because parties are alot easier outside and cheaper too! But I was a January baby and had the most outstanding birthdays/slumber parties at fancy hotels, skating rinks, tea parties...my parents were forced to be very creative. :) Okay...I guess my answer is winter then!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:14 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My first pregnancy was twins that were born at the beginning of October. I will never do that again! I was miserable being hugely pregnant during one of the hottest summers on record! Baby #3 was born in March and while I was definitely more comfortable, it was really hard to find a coat that was warm enough for winter and would fit over my belly without spending a ton of money for something I was only going to wear for a few months! Also I was super sick with baby #3 so the holiday treats were kind of torture since I couldn't eat of them! I think it would be ideal to be due around the Christmas or the new year. That way I wouldn't be huge during the heat of the summer and I will be over the morning sickness by the time the yummy holiday food comes!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 10:15 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I have a spring baby! He was born April 29th. It was nice being pregnant in the winter and on holidays. I got sooo much attention from my family. However it would be cool to be pregnant in the summer at least once too bc it would feel so good to go swiming with the big belly. I bet it would take away the heaviness and aches and pains. I agree with you when spring rolls around it will be about time for him to be walking and I can take him outside to play and do lots of fun spring summer things.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 10:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I have Jan, Feb, (2) June, July, August and Nov baby's. of course it was all a piece of cake for me. Never was pregnant for any of them! 3 adopted, 1 step daughter & 3 grandkids who are staying with us! I was one of those weird moms and never had the urge to be pregnant. Never wanted the 9 month thing, midnight, etc feedings, colic, etc, etc. Of course I ended up having part of that with my granddaughter who we got at 3 days old from the hospital. Now I KNOW I was right and never wanted a baby regardless of season. Of course I wouldn't trade her for anything!
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:28 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• May is good b/c then your past cold/flu season and you can take them outside for walks and things! Birthday Parties are easy too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would say I'd like an April/May baby.

I had my son in November..and I HATED dragging him out in the cold at such a young age. BUT, birthday parties will always be fun!!!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would want my child to be born at the end of winter. That way they're starting to become mobile by the time summer rolls around. Both of my kids were born in the fall. September and October, so they spent the first four months of their life inside the house. Except when we went to the store. Which for my son it was miserable, because he loved being outdoors even from day one.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:43 AM on Dec. 18, 2009