Will you take your kids to Avatar?

My son is 5 1/2. He is of course bugging me to see Avatar b/c it looks like a "totally cool movie". I think it looks violent. What is your opinion?

LUVWJ

Asked by LUVWJ at 10:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Entertainment

• My teens will see it as will hubby and I. Aside from the acfion I would think you'd want to take in to account that it's a 2 hour and 40 minute long movie. How long can your child sit through a movie? That's a big thing to take in to account.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Uh, No. Did you check what it is rated? I don't know. But I won't even take my 10 year old to see it.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:27 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• The adults in the family are all going to see it tonight in 3D IMAX. I'm thinking it's more 12 and up. I'll let you know.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Its PG 13 I think so I would say 12 or 13. You could always wait a bit and see what people think that actually saw the whole movie. But I think he is to young to see something like that. I went to see New Moon and there was a young person in the seat a few rows up from me who was freaking out, and that was not as scary as this looks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• No. my 4 1/2 wants to see it too and he saw the game preview yesterday and he wants the game now too ... but no way. i do wanna take my bf & myself to it thou :) it looks like a very good movie, then i ll rated myself see if it really that bad for him to watch or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Mine is too young at 4 1/2. Maybe if he was 6-8.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would see it first and if is Okay, than I would take them.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:19 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I've heard (haven't seen it so can't confirm) that there's some exposed (digital blue) breasts...may not be too kid friendly.

Anonymous

• We won't take our daughter to see but we will rent it when it comes out. Oh my dd is 7 years. But we have also taught her that TV and movies are pretend. That people get paid to make them.

But I am more of a laid back mom. My dd has watched horror movies. Her favorite is Freddy. She loves Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 2:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Although I don't have problems with my children watching the movie no matter the age I won't take them to the theater no matter what's playing or how much we want to see it. We wait until we can watch it in our living room to where if we need to pause if we need to explain something that has happened in the plot we can. There are other perks to watching it in your own home such as the ability to have bathroom breaks w/o missing out on the movie, and not having to pay an armload of money for all six of us to watch the movie.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2009