what was the point?

my ob swabbed me today for the vaginal strep but im having a c-section so what was the point?? lol

i didnt bother to ask because they're sooo "busy"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your womb or c section wound can still be effected by strep b and exposing your baby is dangerous without treatment. no matter what the method of birth. You can google some info on it and it should answer your questions!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:21 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• side note...if your doc is too busy for you to ask questions you either have to be more assertive or change doctors. There is no excuse for that. And I dont know the answer to your question. :)
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:35 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i agree with PP, you should always ask stuff like that. i wouldn't want to have my anus/vagina swabbed without knowing exactly why. maybe he would have said well there really is no reason and then you could have declined and saved the discomfort and perhaps saved some money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Life doesnt always go as planned. If nature calls and you end up having this baby the natural way, its probably best to know just incase so they can treat you for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• It's important to know so they can treat it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• lol, it does not need to be treated if the kid isn't coming out the vag. Who knows! I agree with anon :26
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2009