Has anyone ever experienced this much pain during the last weeks of pregnancy?

It seems everytime my bladder has even a drop in it, my belly tightens up and I must go to the bathroom and relieve the pressure or I'll have to waddle around uncomfortably. When the doctor checks on the outside with her fingers to see where the head is in your pelvis, that hurts a great deal too. Did the baby drop maybe and that's why I'm having this much discomfort? I also have to roll out of bed or get up off the couch very slowly because of all the pressure/pain in the lower region. Oh, and the other day I was taking a step backward and I thought my leg was going to get stuck, I had a tight, shooting pain from my butt to my foot!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had a lot of pain during the last month... and I found GREAT relief fromo a chirpopracter who specialized in pregnancy. Babies lay on top of a lot of nerves,a nd it can casue a great deal of pain/ pressure, especially the siatica, which is that shooting pain in your butt.

I suggest seeing a chiro for many reasonsin pregnancy, especially now. Can help open up your pelvis for labor as well.
    VelvetCat

Answer by VelvetCat at 11:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• BTW - i'm 36 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I think your baby has dropped. I had a lot of pain the last few weeks. My baby dropped about 7 weeks early and was born a month early. I had to take early maternity leave because I couldn't walk. He settled on a nerve and every time I stood up his little head pressed against it and my legs turned to jelly, it was agony. I was a banker and my job required suits and pumps...not! Hang in there, it is worth it!
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• welcome to being pregnant! lol. it will all be over soon. the last few weeks were aweful for me... but hang in there! you're almost done! and congrats! :)
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 10:47 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i had a lot of discomfort in the last few weeks too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• When baby dropps it can cause a lot of this. You could also try seeing a chiroprator for the leg pain. I went to one with both my pregnancy's and don't know what I would have done with out my chiroprator.
    Anonymous

• Um I had really bad cramping, like so painful sometimes I would cry. They claimed it was normal. I swear they were contractions, but I never ended up going into labor. Had a scheduled c-section.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I can imagine it was because baby dropped... I can't say for sure, but I can say I never had that problem (the pain, i had to move slow off the couch and outta bed due to the big 'ol belly...). DS didn't drop at all until 13hrs into labor.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:46 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Welcome to pregnancy. The last stretch is a painful, uncomfortable one. There is probably more pain and discomfort to come before its time for the baby too, so be warned!
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2009