• In the Spotlight:

How would you tell them??

So I found out last night I'm pregnant. I'm NOT happy about it, but hey its my fault I knew how it happened and I let it happen anyway. I am not married and I'm a single mom of a 16 month old. My family is going to be very upset and dissappointed....how would you tell your family if you were in my situation? If your going to bash me, move on, I don't need to hear it, I already know what I've done and I've cried since I found out I don't need your assistance in making me feel horrible! Thanks to those who won't bash!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• First off if they are going to be upset. I would wait till after the holiday season. Plus I'm a big one to wait till you are 12 weeks along. I have also been through a miscarriage and think to wait is to be safer. If you are not happy about it right know is also not a good time to tell them. You need to be happy about it before you can defend yourself. If you have more negitive coming at you is not good when you are in a good place right know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• It will all be okay, God doesn't give you more than you can handle. Just tell them you made a mistake but that you intend on making the best out of it. Good luck.
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 11:04 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Eesh. Maybe tell them kinda like you told us. Tell them that you know you didn't make the best decisions, you are fully aware of your mistake, and that you don't need to be beat with words.

They may still get angry/upset/disappointed, but at least they won't be able to say "do you know that you made a mistake?" and so on.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:05 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• if your 6 weeks pregnant or less, you could get an abortion. your not killing your child, theres no child yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Consider this baby a blessing, if you are unable to care for it financially, maybe consider adoption. If your family gets upset, that is something that they have to deal with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• really ANON 11:05, are you seriously saying that? there is no child yet? wow... first of all, that wasn't her question! second, people like you are irritating... people who get pregnant and don't want it shouldn't have sex in the first place!!!
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 11:09 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• OP Here: I don't believe in abortion, and I know it will be hard, but I can take care of the baby, adoption is not an option for me either. I can and will do this...I just wanted advice on how to tell my family. Thanks for all the advice ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Be very open about it, let them know you know how you feel about it, but hat you already know the consequences, and right now you need support not people bashing you about your decision. It will work out for you, no matter your decision. But I agree and wait till after the holidays, you dont need the added stress of all that too. Let them know that you need them to be there for you and if they can't do that to please keep their oponions to themselves. (hugs)) I know it doesnt seem like it now, but baies are a blessing, and wether you choose adoption or to keep the bay, you won't regret the decision to have him/her after you see that precious face for the first time. It will be worth it in the end.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:13 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• my parents are racist. I got pregnant from a guy that is half black. Not only was I pregnant but it was with twins! Even though they didn't except him (and yes they were pissed) they still loved me and my kids. So, just know they probably will be upset, but really whats the worst that would happen? I had to tell my parents over the phone because i live in another state. Your car could mysteriously have something wrong with it and have to call or you could play your mom and just call her in a panic and ask her what to do. I don't know your relationship with her.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 11:14 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• sorry my B buton keeps sticking, I ment babies and baby, lol
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:14 AM on Dec. 18, 2009