Kids and homework

Do you make yor kids do their homework imediately after school, or give them a break first and do it later?

We usually have our boys (6 and 8) do it right after school, but last night we had company show up right afterwards, so I let them wait for a bit, and they were able to concentrate beter afterwards, got it done with hardly no problems. Just wondering what the rest of you do.

AK_aries

Asked by AK_aries at 11:08 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• The main time to do it is right after school and then we do whatever. Sometimes it is not working aqnd we do it in the evening but the best time I figured is afternoon because he is still in the school mode. I feed him and then we do homework. I am excited about the answers....like that question.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• right after school, I tell him work before play. I've even let him do it later but that proved to be a mistake, who wants to do homework after playing then having dinner his work quality was bad.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 11:13 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I have a while before I have to worry about that, but I plan on having them do it right after school. That way it's done and over with.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:20 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• We do it right after school. My oldest likes a snack first, then slowly moseys in to do his work, but my younger ds wants to get right on the work. He wants that homework done, so I can check it and its out of the way and he can get the snakcin' in and then its play time. He's a kid on a mission. lol
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 11:28 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I think it's best to wait, like after dinner. They need a break from doing it all day.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• after dinner
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My pre-k-er doesn't have homework yet. My 4th grader can have a snack first if she wants, but no tv or anything fun until it's done. Luckily, she's happy to do it and get it over with, so it's never an issue.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:52 PM on Dec. 20, 2009