If you are 5 foot 8 inches, how much do you weigh?

I am in the middle of loosing weight but have never been thin at my height, 5 foot 8 inches so I am not sure what my final goal is. I am following WW and am down to 156 lbs. Right now I want to get to 145. Even though I am the thinnest I've ever been, I still have fat in my stomach area. My first child was a c/s so I know I'll never completely have a flat belly. So, just curious how much others who are my height weigh.

AgentBrez

Asked by AgentBrez at 11:16 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I am 5-9. I know I am very overweight, but at my best, before kids, I was at 140 and very slender. Here is aBMI chart link that I was sugested to use to find my goal weight. http://phaster.com/unpretentious/bmi.html The chart is near the bottom, so you have to scroll down a bit to find it. Congrats on the weight loss!
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:20 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• not quite as tall as you are- i'm 5'6, and weigh 135- which puts me in a sz 6. hoping to drop another 10... but i doub't it'll happen unless i'm anorexic!! and i LIKE to eat, lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:21 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I am now pregnant, but I was 127 at 5 9... but that was too skinny.. Before my first (I'm pregnant with my second now) I weighed 145. I'd say thats a healthy weight. You can google BMI calculator and it can give you your BMI for your height and weight and you can play with the numbers until your BMI fits in the recommended range.
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Im 5 ft 9 and weight 165 - 175 my doctor says Im very healthy. I also run and play alt of sports and weight lift.

Dont go for too thin, that can be unhealthy too.

The BMII calculator says you a 23.7 At 145 you would be a 22 which is still good

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• When I'm not pregnant and on a perfect day, I weigh 160.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I'm 5-8. I weigh 145. I have been trying to loose the weight since my last child 2 years ago. My normal weight is mostly around 150. If i get to 155, i diet. I am thin for myself now. I did get to 137 one time and people said i was too skinny and looked sick.
    forevermom75

Answer by forevermom75 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i do know the range based on BMI. the top for 5 foot 8 is 165 and the low is 135, so 145-150 is right in the middle. i run 4-5 days a week and am training for a half marathon in April so i am definitely going for healthy first and thin second. its just hard to know what that is since everyone's body is so different and ive never been thin.
    AgentBrez

Answer by AgentBrez at 12:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I am only 5'7" :-). A doctor friend told me a while back that a good rule of thumb is 100 lbs and 5feet, then add 5 lbs per 1 inch, then 10%. So at 5'8" - it would 140 then -10% would be 126, +10% would be 154. So between 126-154. If you are thinnly framed then go for the lower number if you are larger framed then lean toward the higher number.

To determine your "frame size"... wrap your middle finger and thumb around your wrist... if your finger and thumb over lap you are small framed. If they don't touch, you are large framed, if they just touch you are medium framed.

I am larger framed, but my goal is still 135 - I don't use the 10% guide :-)

Well I hope this made sense and I hope it helps :-)

YOu are doing awesome honey. I am so proud of you :-). Now drive a few hours south and get me motivated - 'k!!!!! :-)
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 2:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• According to what ratchetlee said, I'm "large framed" - I have no fat on my wrists but I can't make my fingers meet. That said, at 5'8" I'm a very muscular 235. I do have fat that needs to go buh-bye, thanks to having a lot of kids close together, but I have a lot of muscle and muscle weighs 3x more than fat, so...yeah, whatever. I'm rambling. But that's where I'm at. I couldn't lose 50 lbs because i don't have 50lbs of fat to lose.
    Anonymous

• I'm pregnant right now but I weighed 155 before I got pregnant. My highest weight was 170 but I lost a lot after my first child was born. I'm hoping to do it again with this one and get down to about 145. Maybe 150. I think that would be a good weight for me.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 6:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2009