For how many years do cats and gods live? (average)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pets

• cats - 12 to 16 I think. gods? a really really long time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Depends on the health of the animal, if taken care of, and don't get hit by a car,
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 11:22 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• In my experience... 10+ yrs with my cats... they have always been indoor cats so they have a longer (health permitting) life span...
    My sister's dog is 13+ yrs old and my SIL dogs past away at (I believe) 15 yrs of age...
    It is how the pet is taken care of...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:22 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Cats live anywhere from 12 to 22 yrs of life. Our oldest cat lived to be 17 1/2 yrs old. It all depends on the health and care of the cat. I don't konw about dogs. Only had one when I was little and had to get rid of her because of moving into an appt when I was 9 yrs old. She was 6 yrs old at that time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• (I hope you're in the mood for humor - I don't mean this to make fun of you - I make typos all the time): In my experience, gods live longer than cats ;-p

Seriously, I think a cat's average lifespan is 10-15 years, but you may be able to find a more specific range for a specific breed.

For dogs, I think it varies a lot, depending mostly on their size - though I can't remember now if it's big dogs or little dogs that live longer lol!

I would google "cat average life span" and "(breed of dog) average life span" if I were you.

PS I didn't proofread - if I made a typo, the next to post should make it in to a jokee!!)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 11:25 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Our cats have always seemed to live about 15 years. I think Gods live forever... I'm the typo queen of the world, so I understand! Little dogs generally live longer than large ones.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Depends on the breed, too. Purebred dogs in general don't live as long as mutts do. And yes, larger dogs don't live as long as smaller dogs. We had a small terrier growing up, he was 18 when he died. I currently have 3 14 year old cats, and 1 15 year old, all of them seem to be doing just fine so far...

As for gods... Yeah, pretty sure they're supposed to live forever, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• All depends on the breed of animal(and what kind of health issues it may have for the breed) I have seen some cats that were 20+( my cat lived to be 19yo in good health till the last 2 months) yo and the oldest dog was 19.
    Anonymous

• I dunno. My dog lived to be 17, my mom had her put to sleep :( Oh, and she was purebred btw :P

SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Dogs are all very different due to breed standards. Poodles and daschunds have been known to make it to 20 years old. Great Danes have an average span of 11 years. Cats can go forever lol I've met several cats over 20 years old.
    Anonymous