Younger in-laws driving me crazy! Help!

I have siblings the same age as SO's.

SO's youngest brother is staying with us, he's 20. He is having a tantrum bc SO won't allow our computer network to access World of Warcraft. I agree. We didn't invite him here (we offered to care for him for his entire Xmas break) to play video games non stop in our living room.

I also told him I am sick of the other games he is playing-- the constant death and explosion sounds are really upsetting me. I'm pregnant and I need quiet. He wants to play games like 13 hours each day.

I'm tired of the bitching. I'm tired of the constant complaining. He's insanely immature. I don't have problems like this with my brother, who is even younger. What do I do?

ecodani

Asked by ecodani at 11:24 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Let him play his games but give him the rule to use headphones. So you have still your quiet time. hew can play and x-mas is almost done. Or put the tv in another room with the headphones..:-) so U don't see and hear him all x-mas. And than he is gone. I would do it.
    JessDoro

Answer by JessDoro at 11:29 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Tell your husbnad to do something.
    Some people are just like that though when it comes to those game. It is sad really
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Tell him to use headphones so you don't have to hear the noise. I can't take that noise either. I'd laugh at his tantrums and tell him if he isn't happy then to go somewhere else. Why do you have to care for a 20 yr old?

Answer by admckenzie at 11:32 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• You could get him some headphones so you don't have to listen. He is old enough to decide how long he should play or not. I can understand you not wanting your computer network to access World of Warcraft. That is your network and computer. Know if he is not letting anyone else use the computer then that is wrong. Also say that since you are staying here. There are things you would like him to help out with. That would elimate some of the computer time. Tell him that it is your house and you don't appreciate him playing on your computer. If you feel you need to say this is how long I would like you to play on the computer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Maybe he should be asked by your husband to leave. He is being ungrateful and inconsiderate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• seriously? kick him out, he's not a 5 year old, besides your mental and physical health should be more important than taking care of a 20 year old baby boy!
    Anonymous

• why do you need to take care of him when hes 20? and i would put a lock on my computer all together, i dont know if there are already children in the house but if so i would tell him those kinds of games are not allowed in the house because of the kids if he doesnt like it he can leave
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 1:27 AM on Dec. 20, 2009