How can I get rid of hemmroids?

They r not that bad, they dnt hurt, I do everything the book says like- dnt strain, dnt sit to long, & all other things, but they r still gettin worse, & i dnt want to have surgery to get rid of them & I dnt want to have them 4 ever. plz help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Health

• A big thing is what you eat. You might have to change your eating habits.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I had them for 6 months PP after my first child... Ugh... aweful things. At least yours don't hurt though! I doubt you would need surger if they don't hurt. I know sitting in a hot bath or doing a sitz bath can help. But, I think the biggest is avoiding constipation, they should go away eventually.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Your best bet to keep them from swelling & irritating you is to eat lots fiber, fresh foods, etc. and avoid heavily processed foods, which are harder on your digestive track. Avoid acidic foods b/c the extra stomach acid produced can burn & irritate. Get plenty of exercise and don't sit too much b/c that aggravates them. Sometimes a sitz bath can help with irritation if it is bad. If you haven't tried something yet, get a medicated cream or suppositories. If the polyps are close to your anus, use moisturizing wipes, not just dry toilet paper, to wipe with, b/c the dry paper can irritate & cause bleeding. If you must sit for extended periods, try a donut cushion to alleviate pressure. Depending on where the hemorhoids are, you may want to consider surgery to have them removed because sometimes where they are causes them to be constantly irritated & nothing helps.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My hubby gets them. He takes a shower everytime he has a bowel movement to avoid wiping the area. Also use preperation cooling gel. He swears by it.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Tucks medicated pads.
    Anonymous