not sure if I'm pregnant and seeing the dentist.....

ok, so my period is due in 2-4 days and I think I may be pregnant. I think its too soon to take a pregnancy test, but I have a dentist appointment on monday and I'm afriad they may want to do an x-ray. My husband and I are not trying to get pregnant, but we took a risk this month by pulling out and I don't want to worry my husband id I am not pregnant... so I don't want to take a test when he's home this weekend....so I don't know what to do. I can get a test today and take it since he's at work, but just think its too soon to get an accurate reading.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• let them know..

can the dentist wait?

honeslty, its a tiny xray of your face.. you should be ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i would just tell the dentist you might be pregnant. he would probably ask you anyway if you were getting an x-ray. when my son had to get an x-ray and i was about to go in with him, the nurse said "could you be pregnant" and i was like well duh i'm in my 20s it's always a possibility...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• you can tell your dentist you may be pregnant before you get an xray.. the can probably put one of those shields over your belly beforehand.
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• im preg with my 4th baby and i think 3 out of the 4 pregnancies ive been to the dentist and had an x-ray...the radiation goes up and doesnt get much to baby...plus they usually will double shiel you. I even had to have a root canal done with this pregnancy....i think youll be fine as long as you only have one x-ray.
    it may be too early to get a correct result on a HPT....i didnt get a positive with this preg. until i was about 6 weeks preg. with this one, but i also used a dollar store brand so i dont know if an EPT would pick up a pos this early for you or not...good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i doubt you are idk why you would even think you are just because you pulled out once but they can cover your stomach with a led cover so it wont hurt anything...idk if anyone knows this or not but back in the day before u/s were big they use to xray the mothers at the end to see where the baby was..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• If you are 2-4 days from your period, then it's not too early to test. Try First Response, it's really sensitive. Go ahead and do it today but still take precautions when you go to the dentist if it would make you feel better (like the blanket thing over your abdomen).
    all4mymarine

Answer by all4mymarine at 11:46 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I don't think I am because we pulled out... I think I may be because I'm having a lot of similar early pregnancy symptoms as I did with my other pregnancies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Dec. 18, 2009