Did you drink or do drugs when you were in school?

Were you just hanging out with friends or did you have a lot of family problems? Are you going to tell your kids about your self experiences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes to drinking. Yes to "drugs" (just pot). yes to hanging out with friends. little family problems. and yes i will tell my children about my life if/when they ask or if it becomes important for them to know. Why would i hide it?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:53 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I'll put it this way I honestly don't remember school. I was the biggest druggie. We even had a street we hung out on called stoner street. I do remember that! LMFAO.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• No. I was too afraid of my mother if she found out!

Answer by admckenzie at 11:55 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I mostly drank in high school, smoked some weed but it made me sick. That was just when I was hanging out with friends. I did have family problems but the drinking was more of a social, everyone else is doing it, there's nothing else to do thing. It never became a problem.

I didn't experiment with the "harder" drugs until I got mixed up with the wrong guy at 18 and was out of school. But, I got away from that and him.

I honestly don't know what I'll tell my son about my experiences since he's only 6 now. I might tell him but I don't want him to think that because I did it and I'm okay that he can do it and be the same. No one would ever believe half the stuff I've done and some things are better left in the past :) Hubby was the same, he experimented with alcohol and weed but he joined the military so that was the end of that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• The first couple years, (9th,10th grade) yes to both. Once I hit my Junior yr I got my head on straight. I had fun with friends, but I was always the designated driver, I didn't want my friends hurt or myself.. I had a great childhood, it just took me a couple years to figure it all out,lol. Oh and I had Great parents!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:57 AM on Dec. 18, 2009

• no. I never did any drugs and I didn't start drinking until I was in college and I didn't do much of that. I was rebelious in other ways. lol but mainly I was your typical soccer jock.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Well, where I grew up, both drinking and marijuana is legal over the age of 16, so sure.... But I think because it was legal, there wasn't as much of a "thrill" to it as teenagers seem to get over here. We'd go out and have a few drinks, but nobody ever got rip-roaring drunk. As for marijuana, ehhh... Did it once or twice to see what it was like, didn't care for it, never did it again.

And yes, I will be an open book to my son.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:04 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Yes my daughter know I did drugs and ran away, However, i do not tell her everything. I did tell her if she EVER comes home on a drug #1 I will know what she's on and #2 that will completely end her social life with her friends. I also told her she would be home schooled. This is pretty sad to say but i will say it anyway. My hubby and I quit smoking pot a year ago. My daughter is 13 and she has noticed we are able to buy more things now. She knows what it smells like and I think i am safe from her trying anything for a while....I hope.
    busymom1107

Answer by busymom1107 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• No, I did not need it, but my best friends did.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I drank and smoked cigs a little in hs and no, no family probs. I had a good family. When I got to college I still drank... even more and I smoked pot, quite a bit! Then I slowed down and eventually stopped all but the smoking cigs, which I stopped those three years ago. Will I tell my kids, sure. My hubby has a pretty checkered past, as far as that "stuff" goes and ya know he has told our oldest some stuff he's done when he came home from school talking about the "anti drug week" they did. He just told him some of the things and then said, "I want you to know, I'm not proud of it but there it is, it's what I did and mom did and it's bad. You need to stay away from it. " Our DS understood and was really happy with the honesty. We want that open honesty in our family.
    Anonymous