The power of kids!

I was outside with my 2 1/2 year old and the neighbors, 3 middle-aged men. My daughter walks up to one and says "do you have any Christmas lights" and he went on and on about how he felt so bad he hadn't put any out this year. Then she goes to the second and asks the same thing and he does the same thing! So now they are talking about putting up lights just to make my daughter happy. It's amazing how much power a small child can have!

Have you noticed anything like this with your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• That's sweet! Our 7 yr old helped me put up a tree outside and worked so hard on it. He has an ear infection and I couldn't keep him down. Our 13 yr old cut the tree down and then we decorated it. Now every morning he makes sure its still standing,lol and then at night turns all the lights on as soon as it's dark.. Kids make Christmas so much fun!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:10 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• haha.. yes, my son was SO happy that my dad, his Papi, put up a special tree made of only lights in the front yard.. he kept saying "papi did that for max" and he said it so cute after a week my dad made another one just to hear that some more.. adorable.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Awwww...

My 8yr old was outside with me when I was just putting some lights around the front door and I realized, when I came to the bottom of the door frame, I had a lot of the strand left and he said, "just run it up to the nail up there, hook it and then back down, in a triangle shape and it'll look like a tree mom." and ya know, it does. He's told everyone that's come over that that was his idea. He was SO proud. Now I want to put more lights out front and have him and his brother help me. This weekend we're gonna be the Griswolds! lol
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My DH never put lights out, I did it usually. My dad passed this summer and I have been some slower in getting into the spirit of things. My son is 4. He is soooo into the lights etc this year. DH went crazy hanging lights. Said he had to because the boy was so into it, how could he not?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2009