What could this be?

I am almost 33 weeks pregnant and for the past 2 weeks about 2 times a week my panties will be kind of wet and it has a weird smell, almost like a chemical smell...At first I thought well maybe I just pee so much that sometimes I still drip a little even after I pee and that gets on my panties? But it has like a chemical smell...almost like a bathroom cleaner. It's bad enough that I can't stand my panties being damp and I hav to change them 2-3 times a day. I don't have any kind of discharge or anything, it just looks like water.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your doc and let him evaluate it. Maybe it is nothing but to be sure. make the call....you will feel better too.
    JessDoro

Answer by JessDoro at 12:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Definitely ask your doctor. Your water could be leaking...but I dont know why it would smell so bad?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 12:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• It could be caused by a UTI.

I know that I leaked a little too, and when I went in to the maternity ward to have it checked out, I had a very faint UTI.

I know that before I was pregnant I could feel them coming on. But this one wasn't bad enough to make me feel it, yet it sent me into preterm labor at 31wks. Don't mean to scare you, but take precautions. Better safe than sorry. Call your OB.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Oh, the chemical smell could be from prenatals if you're taking them.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:40 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• does it smell like amonia?
    Anonymous