I REALLY NEED HELP WITH INSURANCE!!!!

I FOUND OUT THAT I AM PREGNANT ALMOST 3 MONTHS AGO! I WAS LIVING IN WASHINGTON AND HAD APPLIED FOR INSURANCE THROUGH EVERY PLACE POSSIBLE I COULD THINK OF...BUT GOT NOTHING! I JUST MOVED TO INDIANA AND NOW IT SEEMS EVEN HARDER TO GET INSURANCE. I AM TRYING TO FIND A JOB BUT MANY PEOPLE WONT HIRE ME BECAUSE I AM PREGNANT AND IT IS NOTICABLE! I HAVE NO INCOME BESIDES MY BOYFRIEND AND HE WONT HELP PAY FOR THE INSURANCE. ANY IDEAS OF WHERE I CAN GO OR WHAT I CAN DO I REALLY NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR! HELP!

KAG2315

Asked by KAG2315 at 12:44 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• apply for insurance through the sate. with no income you are sure to get it. Don't sweat it. I'm due in 3 weeks and i don't ahve insurance yet. I just recently applied and i hope its accepted beffore the baby gets here
    Anonymous

• if ur bf is the father he has to pay for birthing costs anyways...no offense but hes a piece if he dont help....go to social services
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 12:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• he wont help pay for the insurance to cover the birth of HIS child? i think there is another issue besides insurance here.

most states medical programs automatically qualify you when you are pregnant, regaudless of income level, look into that, its probably your best bet. and they usually cover the baby and you for the 1st year regaudless of income. good luck w all that.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:01 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• google hoosier healthwise. if you have no income and are not married so have no spousal income, you should be eligible. good luck :) actually here is the link

http://www.healthcareforhoosiers.com/index.html
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• 1-800-889-9949

and that is their phone number. they would probably put you in contact with someone local. things can be very sloooow moving with state stuff like this but you have plenty of time just get started now. :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• First, I'd leave a guy who contributed to getting me pregnant and now doesn't want to contribute to insurance so his baby can have prenatal care. That is crazy.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• There may be waiting periods if you are new to the state. How long have you lived in the new state? Have you officially changed your residence. States will not give out insurance aid if you are not a resident...imagine how much fraud would go on if they did?

I would suggest looking into the laws of your new state and see if there are any waiting periods. A good place to start would probably be the DMV.

Good Luck
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 3:02 PM on Dec. 18, 2009