Weight Gain

Okay so Im 29 weeks and 1 day well I went to the doctor last Thursday and he said that my weight was up there.Well 1st I understand Im pregnant and the whole gaining weight part...At times I get cravings for chocolate,sweets and all that you know the deal..But its not like thats all I ever eat I eat healty foods..Before I got pregnant my weight was 175-180 and now Im 204..And even tho being pregnant its like I sit around all day..When my sister was pregnant they said she had alot of fluid..Could that be the same with me?? Its not hard for me to lose weight all..Can anyone help me with this because when I hear my doctor say that my weight is up there I make me upset..I feel like a complete fat ass..Thanks everyone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Everyone gains and loses differently, doesnt mean anything necessarily. As long as you can exercise/walk around etc ur good :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 12:51 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• how tall are you? i know they consider that too. im 5'9" and weighed about 175 at the begining of my last pregnancy, and when i delivered was 202. this time i started at about 213, so they told me NOT to gain more than 15 lbs this time, so i kinda get how you feel. im trying to be as healthy as possible, but its hard sometimes.

as long as you are still in good health, and so isyour baby, dont worry about it. some people gain 60 and are just fine.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I know what you mean. I gained 64lbs when I was pregnant. The downside is that its a major hassle to lose. Its been a year and Im down 50lbs. It seems like male doctors are more concerned with weight than females. Take his comments with a grain of salt- you cant help what your body does.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 1:47 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• You shouldn't ever try to LOSE weight when you are pregnant, just slow the rate of gain. You can still be active when you are pregnant - just walking is a great exercise (and good practice for those long stroller walks!). Make sure you are watching your portion size, even of healthy foods. When pregnant, we aren't "eating for two" and the additional calorie requirements really isn't that much. I've heard of a lot of women gaining a whole lot more than you and having healthy babies, it's just going to be more to lose after the baby is born.

Answer by missanc at 3:42 PM on Dec. 18, 2009