Should I take the chance?

Don't wanna pi$$ off my bff of 30+ yrs, but I am really struggling with this one. I have a cellphone plan on which she also has a phone. I told her in the beginning (May 2009) that I would only charge her $40 for a while because that was all she could afford at the time. Her portion is actually $65. So, she's been paying the $40 pretty steadily but she will only pay $5 for ringtones when they are actually $5.99 + tax. Well, the time has well past that I can no longer afford to have her only pay the $40 instead of the full amount of $65.00 + tax and any downloads. I live on very little money and it is really become a hardship for me. In addition to all this, she lost her job in August and hasn't even tried to look for work. She also lives with me rent free. How do I talk to her??!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• i would straight out tell her you can not afford it, tell her you have no problem helping WHEN YOU CAN but right now you can't, she is already living with you rent free isnt that enough?? i would also look in to if you have metropcs in your area the second line would only be 9.99 a month and its unlimited minutes, texts and internet, she would still have to pay for downloads but techn its prepaid she would have to pay for them in advance and really if she can afford 40 a month she can get a local plan on the phone not do interent and not do text and its cheaper and she can pay for the whole thing by herself. you can be nice while being honest and tell her you are very worried this will effect your friendship thats why you havent said anything but you just cant afford it anymore
    mommie2twogirls

Answer by mommie2twogirls at 11:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Be honest with her and tell her you cannot afford her payment anymore. recommend a pre paid phone from verizon or us cellular :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 1:03 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• if you cannot afford a phone why buy ringtones? she sounds really selfish.. simply tell her you cannot afford to support her and she needs to get a job... she is an adult , she has to take responsibility . you put her on your account as a favor, i am assuming she didnt have the credit to get it on her own.. dont let people use you,. i fell in to that trap too many times..
    Anonymous