Need help :( Please dont be rude

My fiancee will prolly be going to jail for possesion (from dec 2008) he is clean now-since June when our son was born. He has been looking for a job for awhile now and nobody will hire, wisconsins economy sucks-especially where we are located. But my question is this: When he goes to jail i have enough money for a couple months that we saved but our car is taking a crap now! I wont be able to drive this car safely unless its an emergency. Is there anywhere/any place that helps with easy payments/gives cars to mothers in need/ etc...im not asking for charity but I realllly want a job but no car :( NO CAR=NO JOB NO JOB=NO MONEY TO BUY CAR! Uggghhhh I hate the economy right now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think you should be talking to the department of family and social services. You need to find out what you will be eligible for when he is in jail. They may be able to help you find work and help pay for day care.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 1:07 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I agree....talk to DSHS, get yourself a bus pass until you can fix your car, and surround yourself with people who care about you and can help you.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Thank you for the copmments and supportive answers! It means a lot to know there are caring people willing to help especially so close to the holidays!
    Anonymous

• You need to get on PA. Tell you get yourself straight. Do you have bus service in your town/city?

Answer by louise2 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I am sorry that you guys are going through this. Congrats to him being clean now!!

I have known people that have had things against them and yes it is hard to get a job after having something like that on your record.

Have you guys thought about working at home? I have 5 children and I work at home through Ameriplan! You can do this even with a conviction. This is something that you can do at home and you dont need a car for. We offer Daily Pay, 4O1K Plan, Benefits and Free Training! There is no cold calling and no selling.
    If this like something you would be interested in please visit my website to set up an Interview!!
    www.mybenefitsplus.com/40691694

I wish you guys all the Best!!
    ameriplanmommy5

Answer by ameriplanmommy5 at 5:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• It's not the economy to blame, it's your poor choices and lifestyle. Not to be rude, but it's the facts. Pull yourself up, go to school, get a well paying job, stop doing drugs and living trash and do the right thing. Don't EVER expect a handout, help yourself. That's how you get ahead in life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• How have you been getting by since then?I know the economy is tough right now..I suggest calling social services and going from there.They should help with school,work,daycare,medical and food.Good luck.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 8:13 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• I am also in the midwest and we can't find jobs either. Contact your social services agencies and get help to feed your children and get heating assistance. Ask about rent aid, and ask about services that can transport you to places when you have appointments. (Dr. appts, go grocery shopping etc.) Even if you are not Catholic, catholic charities is willing to help. Contact Salvation Army about the car, they have good leads. And if you do not find what you need with the first phone call, make 10 more. I have friends who had to call 3 times a day for some services to get to the one person who would help them. You have to ask or they will not offer the information.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Dec. 19, 2009