Do you and your family have life insurance policies?

Do You have life insurance? Do you have life insurance policies for your children? And through what organization or company?

marchma2b

Asked by marchma2b at 1:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• We have life insurance for all of us. I can't remember the company it was through hubbys work.
    Anonymous

• We do have life Insurance.

Answer by louise2 at 1:20 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Me & DH have life insurance, DD is insured, but does not have life insurance.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Yes, we have life insurance for each member of our family.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• We did until hubby lost his job
    Anonymous

• Yes, every member of our family is insured. We have MetLife.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 1:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Yes we do - we pay for them on hubby & me, but since we have them jointly our kids are automatically covered for a set amount for free - they don't even need the kids names or anything, nothing in their records - just if something happens to one of them, God forbid, let them know and they pay out. I can't think of the name of the company off the top of my head, we set it up so long ago and the monthly fee is deducted automatically every month! But for about $85/month we have, all told, over half a million in coverage betwen the 2 of us - closer to 600k.
    Anonymous

• Yes we do.
    I have mine through TransAmerica
    My husband has his through American General.
    And then we have a $10,000 policy on our son just because we wouldn't be able to pay for a funeral if something were to happen.
    Anonymous

• Yes. My husband is insured for 10x his annual income, and I am insured for the same (because, if something happens to me, he'd be quitting to stay home with the kids). Our kids are insured, but only about 7 or 10K. The kids is only $25 a year, and it is to cover funeral expenses. It is worth $25 to me to know that IF something happened, I wouldn't have to worry about money for the kids funeral. Morbid, but that's the way it is. We use Modern Woodmen. Now, we don't have those "whole life" policies that "bank" money for you. We have savings and investment accounts for that. It's just no frills insurance.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 4:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Yes, on both of us. We also carry $10,000 (+20,000 I think) on our son, in case something happened and we needed to cover the funeral and it would also make it possible for my husband to stay home from work for awhile. Our policies are through Southern Farm Bureau.
    Anonymous