HAVE YOU SEEN THE SURVEY FOR CAFEMOM AND HOW IT SAYS YOUR OPINION IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US BUT WHEN I PUT MY AGE 16,THEY WERE NO LONGER INTERESTED... HMM

We're sorry!

You do not meet the requirements for this survey.

Thank you for your interest. Please click the red bar above to exit the survey.

ALL because of my age..idk y it matters i'm a mom like any of the other women that r going to take that survey! but whatever

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 1:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in About CafeMom

• CHILL- it's a legal issue... they can't accept input from anyone under 18.

as for the other aspects of being a teen mom, again- CHILL- it is incredibly hard to be judged in EVERYTHING you do, and told how immature/worthless/pathetic/unfit a mother you are, or will eventually become. but in all honesty, they know nothing about you, and reacting only makes you seem immature and ignorant.
    i was but 16 myself when i had my dd, she is now almost 9 years old, and i still get sideways glances and harsh comments from people- though looking 10 years younger than i truly am, does not help! people still commonly ask if i am "old enough" to have children, to which i simply laugh.
    when someone does something that is intended to affect you, laugh it off. stop playing into their hand. and nevermind your language... the world will not end, retraining language takes time.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• maybe wait a year and try again? lol
    Anonymous

• A lot of the surveys are about products and advertistements you see online, like cell phones and picture frames. I guess they don't feel a minor will be making a lot of these purchases by themselves or have a parent paying for them.

Just guessing...
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:27 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• That is really mean.....and you are right it should be possible for you to enter the survey but they may want to sell you anyways something. So you are not missing that part. And there are so many surveys around later, you will grow sick over them...promise *grin*

Don't take it to personal.....greets from me to you....
    JessDoro

Answer by JessDoro at 1:28 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• There are most likely legal barriers governed by whatever state Cafemom is based out of that would prohibit individuals under the age of 16 from participating in a survey--especially if it awards any type of prize. It may be illegal for them to collect information or offer a prize to anyone under the age of 18 or 21 in some states. While a 16 year old who is a mother may be automatically emancipated in her residential state, that may not apply towards the rules that govern what age group Cafemom would be permitted by law to obtain information from.

Why not send them a message and ask or go back to the survey and read what the rules say?
    Anonymous

• Its most likely because you are still a minor. even though you have a child you are not of legal age. Most of those online surveys wont take minors. IDK why but that is why.
    Trust me that survey is nothing big and is just stupid. I did it once I wish it would Stop popping up.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• In many cases it is simply about being a minor. My son used to get mad at the people in the malll that pay people to take surveys...the problem was they had to be 18. Maybe that is the same issue here. Thats my best guess anyway.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• most stuff is for adults only. over 18 or in some cases over 21. @ 16 you are stll a child even if you do already have one. when she is 16 do you think youwill want her to have a baby that young? Just somthing to think about.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Honey, you need to calm down. Reactions like that are EXACTLY why people think so little of teen moms.
    I was 17 with my first and yes I think about it and I would NOT want my son being a daddy at 17.
    I now it can be annoying and frustrating when people post random thing like that but youreaction being what it was just gives them more ammo to bash teen moms about how immature they are. Heck I tell people who are 30 that they are immature when they reply like that. Just next time stay calm ignore her. If need be report her to cafemom for being rude if you see it as that, but dont respond so childishly.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Maybe because they would rather get responses from an adult. Not a 16-year-old girl who feels it is necessary to swear at other moms. I hope that was just out of anger and not a regular occurrence, for your daughter's sake!
    Anonymous