At what age...

do you start disiplining a child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say when they are old enough to understand what they are doing, and why it is wrong. Not from 0-12 months
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 1:37 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• When they start geting into things.

Answer by louise2 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• ...I am really careful here but I would say right from the start......it starts with the sleeping, eating, breastfeeding......babies can also be demanding...want atention 24/7. What is not possible! There is not real disciplining evolved but you start right away with making clear what is possible and what not. And I tried right from the start. The things that you have to do to discipline your child are just growing with the time and it gets more and more to pay atention to.....
    Anonymous

• We start redirection when the baby starts getting mobile enough to get into things that can be harmful and continue that until they are old enough to talk and understand.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 2:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• When they get mobile and begin getting into things.
    Anonymous

• my dd was 15 mts. but i idnt start time outs time 2 yrs. i do spank when necessary but most times is time outs. ori try to talk and redirect. some things works some days and others dont
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:48 PM on Dec. 18, 2009