My DS sleep-crawls!

Ok, so maybe not, but he does thrash in his sleep. I lay him facing one way, and an hour later, he has scooted all the way to the wall of his crib, banged his head, and started to cry.

How can I help him sleep more soundly and stop moving so much? He runs into the sides of his crib and it wakes him up 3-5x a night!

matobe

Asked by matobe at 1:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Awe, poor baby! Is his crib padded? I think it's pretty common for kids to move around a lot in their sleep. Is he too young for swaddling?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:59 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Sorry, he's 8mos, and HATES being swaddled. And yes, I have to leave the pad on there or I would wake up to arms stuck, feet stuck, fat lips, etc. I'm sure it's normal to move, but he does so much that it wakes me up sometimes, as I've started to anticipate his bumps!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:08 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• My son does the same thing but doesnt wake himself up he moves around alot though he does move across the crib up and down but he's only 2 and a half months and flips his head back and forth and waves his arms
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 2:39 PM on Dec. 18, 2009