What do you think it could be? Please help..

I have a really bad pain in my lower abdomen on the right side. It hurts really bad. Pretty much the only time it doesn't hurt is if I'm sitting down, or in the fetal position. Like a week ago I had to have my mirena taken out because it was too low and it was scratching me inside causing me to bleed all the time. They did an internal ultrasound to figure out it was too low. They looked at my overies and everything and it all seemed fine other than the mirena being too low. There's a little bit a of pain in my lower back on the right side as well. I have family history of ovarian cysts and endometriosis. I have no idea what it could be. But it really hurts. I know everyone is going to tell me to call my doctor. I've already thought of that. I was just looking for your opinions and advice. Anything would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

michellelee3708

Asked by michellelee3708 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Health

• It could very well be an ovarian cyst. For me it would feel like really bad cramps that nothing would relieve and occasionally a really sharp pain. But, if they already did an internal ultrasound you would think they would have seen it. Perhaps you can see if your doctor can take another look at that ultrasound just in case they missed it?
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• if not that, maybe your appendix?? but yea, call your doc lol )
    lilianasmom1116

Answer by lilianasmom1116 at 2:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Sounds like a cyst to me. And it is fixing to rupture. Thats what mine did. As long as i was sitting or curled up it wasnt bad but if I stood it hurt very badly.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• But i thought you got crampy when you had a cyst? Cuz the pain isn't so much like cramps, it's weird. It's just pain.
    michellelee3708

Answer by michellelee3708 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• are you ovulating?? i get crampy when i ovulate.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2009