Extreme Depression and Anxiety

I have battled with this for over a decade. I am now pregnant and I am going through a lot, what are the options for treatment for when you are pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your not alone. I was on a valium script before I got pregnant for my anxiety.

I am so worried about the well being of my baby that I would give up anything if I knew it was better for the baby. That's how I get through it.

It was tough the first couple weeks without my meds but now I feel like a hero for staying away from all meds...OTC and Prescription. I have heard so many mothers say that to be a mom means to be totally unselfish in every way...I am getting an early start! lol

I know there are treatments out there but I would stay away from meds, thats just me!....try group therapy maybe.

I'm not an expert though....others on here may better answer your question. I just wanted you to know that I too have battled with anxiety and depression and it is possible to deal with it medication free.

Best wishes to you.

You are not alone.

We are here for you.

DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 3:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I would check with your OB & ask about Zoloft. i believe it is safe to take while pregnant. Depression is not something to take lightly, i had a severe case after i miscarried 3times. i took zoloft after the m/c's & it was amazing!! It had an affect on me within the 1st wk. Now along with taking zoloft i did have tremendous support from my family & GOD, Girl i prayed & i prayed & i prayed to GOD about 1000 times a day if not more. the 3 combined changed me back to my regular fun self!! Now, my sister had to take it while prego, she actually didnt wanna take anything but her ob highly recommended it. i would deff. check into it & dont let anyone try and tell you that your a bad person. You have to take care of yourself b/4 you can take care of anyone else!! If you are afraid of ppl saying stuff then just dont tell them, just talk to your OB!
    Anonymous

• op, here. thanks for the advice. I finally talked to my mom today (after years of depression and not telling anyone besides my husband) and she says she battled with it in her 20s,t oo...

The only thing that keeps me from seeking treatment is because of the baby. I don't want her harmed at all because of my issues....

My next appt is the first week in January so I will bring it up to my doctor then.

Things that I have noticed are intense headaches, diahrea, and loss of hair...
    Anonymous