i'm new mom don't know much i need as much help as can got 2 mouth old baby boy who won't play with sny the toy and won't let me do anything around ihave be around alll the time what should do so u can get thing done?

he the only child and he dad hleps out when he home from work

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put him in the playpen or bed and go do what you need to do. At 2 months they shouldnt be quite THAT needy.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I dont know how any one can understand this question i read it 4 times even aloud to my husband and neither of us could understand it. I feel sorry for this child having to listen to that all day. Im sorry but wow
    Anonymous

• Get a sling, so you can get things done. That's the only way I accomplished anything for the first four months. Also, keep in mind that a 2 month old isn't going to be entertained for very long.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 2:36 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I loved using my Moby wrap for hands free baby holding. The sling hurt my back
    Anonymous

• I'd HIGHLY recommend the Sleepy Wrap. It's softer and stretchier than the Moby Wrap, and my incredibly fussy (back then anyway) baby loved it. That way, you can keep your hands free to do other stuff. Also, if he's fussy during nap time, try swaddling him. Mine would sleep much better and longer whenever I did that...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• A baby that young can't play with toys! You are the world to him. If you must get something done then get a sling/wrap and carry him with you. You'll both be better off.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 2:56 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• You want a 2 month old to play with toys and leave you alone? Hmm. Have you EVER seen a baby before having one?
    Anonymous

• HIS 2 MTHS OLD HE HAS NO IDEA HOW TO PLAY WITH TOYS. AM WITH ANON 06. GET A SLING
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:11 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• First of all, it has taken me reading your question about 5 times to understand what the heck you're saying. Second of all, if I understand your question correctly, you're asking how to get your 2 MONTH OLD BABY to play with toys so that you can get some stuff done?!? 2 month old babies cannot play with toys. They do not have the motor skills, nor the mental capabilites to understand HOW to play with a toy, especially by themselves. At 2 months old, he should still be sleeping alot, so do what you need to do when he's napping. When he's awake, you can either put him in a sling, or put him in a bouncy seat near you so he can see you.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 3:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• It pains me to read the couple of incredibly rude "answers" to your question. This girl is obviously an inexperienced new mom. I knew nothing about babies, was the younger of two kids & never babysat. I was handed my baby after a traumatic emergency csection. Had no help nursing, & no one to show me anything with him at home. I had filled out forms for things I needed them to educate me on weeks before his birth. Yet, they walked in the room four days after my surgery and said, "you get to go home... Here are your discharge papers." I made them teach me how to change a diaper and bathe my baby. I didn't know a thing about babies, and I cried right along with mine the first night he was home, and many thereafter. Yes, I agree with the person who said to get a sling. Your sweet voice, and your touch are his toys. Read and sing to him. White noise is good. Run the dryer, fan or humidifier. I empathize & wish u luck!!
    kae70

Answer by kae70 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 18, 2009