Can squatting help labor start?

a friend of mines mother is a labor and delivery nurse. She said squatting will help. Is this true? Im 39 weeks. Im 2 and a half centimeters dilated and my Midwife says my baby is really low... lol so im ready I just need that last 1 and a half centimeters of dilation! Ive been having sex with DH constantly even though its semi painful :(.. Ive been walking a bunch! Ive had my membranes stripped... I bounce around on a yoga ball all day instead of sitting on the couch or chair... lol i dont know what else to do so I thought Id ask more about the squatting

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, but it will help you get ready for a great birthing position! Try squatting for as long as you can a few times a day. I did it a lot during my pregnancy. You can also try doing it with your back against the sofa or something else that can support you if you need the help with your balance.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:58 AM on Dec. 19, 2009