If you had $100...

If you had $100 and wanted to purchase toys to donate to Toys for Tots, would you purchase two or three big ticket items or would you spread the money out and buy several nice but somewhat smaller items?

sillyt

Asked by sillyt at 2:30 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Holidays

• I wold buy more stuff at a cheaper price....kids loves the amount of gifts and depending on their age they dont know they true meaning yet....
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 2:31 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I'd probably do 5 $20 gifts.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 2:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I'd spread it. Most of these kids get no toys so it'll make no difference if the toy is big or small. Plus, you'll get to make more kids happy!!

Merry Christmas!
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 2:32 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Several nice but smaller gifts.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Since it's late in the season (they've already stopped collecting where I live), I'd call and ask what they were needing most. They may have more than they need for one age group or gender and be coming up short for another group - I know in the past I've heard they didn't get as many donations for older kid toys.
    Anonymous

• i have heard that they are needing alot for older kids that eveyone that buys buys mostly for little kids i would get stuff for teenages its so good that you can do this God bless you
    Anonymous

• I would buy books.

Answer by louise2 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I agree with a PP...I'd probably buy 5 $20 gifts.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• Smaller nice gifts. Why not help more people?
    Anonymous

• Thanks for the answers ladies. Every year I head up the Toys for Tots campaign for my company and when I make the purchases with the money collected I always wonder if I should be purchasing larger items knowing that I wouldn't be able to purchase as many of them. I feel better about the purchases we made this year.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 3:17 PM on Dec. 18, 2009