Should I report a bad judge?

He violated my rights in my custody case and everyone in the courtroom watching tells me I should report him to the Ethics Committee. I asked an attorney and he was shocked at the conduct of the judge and told me absolutely to report him! The thing is that I am filing an appeal with my state's supreme court. I know its my right to report him, but would this hurt my appeal? The attorney I talked to said it would only help support my appeal because it means that I am seriously upset about my rights being violated.

What do you think? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• That's horrible of the judge! Since your lawyer thinks it will help, yes, report him.

Good luck with your appeal!
    PrincessBoo

Answer by PrincessBoo at 4:54 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• i would report the judge. i dont think it would hurt your appeal case. you dont have to answer (obviously) but im going to ask, what did the judge do?
    Anonymous

• If the attorney thinks he should be reported then I sure as hell would.
    Anonymous

• If the legal advice of your attorney was to report him & that it will most likely help you appeal, then go with it!

If you're paying a lawyer, or have access to one for free, why are you asking moms on CM who most likely don't have the same legal knowledge and certainly aren't familiar with the details of your case & all parties involved?
    Anonymous

He denied my right to due process, made decisions against me based on hearsay and refused to let me testify in my own defense. He also made fun of my disabilities and permitted my ex and his attorney to poke fun at my disabilities in open court.

Anonymous

Thanks! I will! I was just a little leary and wanted to get the opinion of my "peers" so to speak....

Anonymous

Do you always ask people why they ask questions on here? If so, you should just not come to the Q & A section. As I stated to the PP, I wanted to get the opinion of my peers. Thanks for answering.....now go find something constructive to do.

Anonymous