Have you ever had an ovarian cyst?

What did it feel like?

michellelee3708

Asked by michellelee3708 at 3:09 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in Health

• Yes I have. It is like some one is stabing me in the side. Very painfull. And then the doctor told me, they do not do anything for it. That it will pop on it's own. UUUGGG

Answer by louise2 at 3:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• They can cause pain. They also have poisen in them and if they rupture they will make you sick. Years ago I had them, while at a store shopping one of them did in fact burst and I got instantly sick. I vomited in the middle of the store and darn near passed out. The doctor can give you something to shrink them.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:12 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I had one almost 14 years ago. I had no pain associated with didn't even know I had but had to have a test for something else and they found it. They tried shrinking it with drugs for 3 months and it actually grew. I had mine removed along with the ovary it was on.
    Anonymous

• Yes and they can be very painful and make you nauseous. I was going to have surgery at Thanksgiving time to have mine removed but it burst on it's own.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:57 PM on Dec. 18, 2009