Do you dress up...

When volunteering at the children's school on a spirit day?

Today was pajama day and I was volunteering in the class....... so naturally I dressed in my pajamas! LOL - I was one of the only moms on campus in my pjs. All the kids and even the majority of teachers were in pjs. Why do some moms take life so seriously??? Heck.... the kids shouldnt be the only ones having fun.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Dec. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I know what you mean. On pajama day I was one of the 3 moms out of 94 dressed in my pjs.
    lovemytwinsters

Answer by lovemytwinsters at 3:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I hate pajama day. I really don't get the point of it. I would not wear my pajamas outside of my house, and I don't like my kids going out like that either. I see people dressed that way at the store and I wonder if it is all because they had pajama day in school when they were younger and actually believe it is ok.
    Anonymous

• anon:31... the kids and I have special pjs we wear for pj day... the are VERY silly and fully cover us.

But let me change the question for you.... would you dress up for crazy hair day, for wear a sports jersey day, wear you clothes backward, etc. If you are opposed to pj day, i get it, but would you dress for any of the other fun days????

OP
    Anonymous

• Eh, generally I'm not fond of people out in public in their pjs, kids included, but I know our kid went out like that this week. He was sick and we went to the doctor. I didn't think about the fact we'd have to stop at the store and kill an hour waiting for a prescription afterwards.

I saw some other kids at the store in their pjs the other day who seemed fine (i.e. not sick) so I wondered if they were just weird, had a pj day at school, or if their mom just didn't care. *shrugs*
    Anonymous

• I did and do. No annon. I don't think the people who wear their pj's to the store got the idea that it's O.K. from school spirit days, they are just lazy. Chill out not all the social ills of the world can be attributed to the schools.

Let's see we have had pj day and crazy hair day, plus halloween. Today was santa hat day. Fun stuff.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 6:18 PM on Dec. 18, 2009

• I think you rock! If this were me I would probably call the school to see if the teachers were dressed in their 'jams and if so I would go out and get a new pair to wear. Nothing I have now is really cute or suitable for school. Can't really go in my husband's boxers. But I would run and to Target and get the cutest pair I liked. Then I would show up with my huge goofie mascot slippers and have fun. I hope someone got pictures of you and your child dressed up at school. That would be adorable. I know some parents are sticks in the mud. No reason why the rest of have to be. I want my kid to look back and know I was there, fully present, and supporting him all the way. Even if this means dressing up in weird costumes.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2009

• Normally, I would participate, but I don't feel comfortable wearing my pj's out of my house. The other spirit days though, I'm all in.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:48 PM on Dec. 20, 2009